#16: Choices

The night was young and everyone was invited at the main castle. The rest are wearing formal clothings. Shiro was leaning on the wall in front of Shira's room. He was waiting for the girl to step out.

Shira was in a white dress and chains as her accessories

Shira was in a white dress and chains as her accessories. She smiled at Shiro and bowed. "The rest are waiting", Shiro cleared his throat. Shiro walked in front of her. Shira felt the tension so she coughed. "Shiro, Fye told me that you're going to the Graveyard of Fireflies", Shira opened. "Ah... If I recall it was more than 4 months back then", Shiro recalled. "Sorry, I asked Aris about what happened", Shira informed. "You already knew...of course you would. You're a curious girl afterall", Shiro chuckled. "I feel sorry for them", Shira sighed. "Dont bring up a dark topic. You deserve to be happy right now", Shiro stopped and tried to pat her head. "Is there something wrong?", Shira asked. "Are you getting taller or I'm just hallucinating?", Shiro teased. Shira humphed him and went ahead of the guy. Miura flashbacked into Shiro's mind. Miura was always fond of being patted and hugged. Shiro held unto his chest and went the opposite direction.

Saruhiko walked down the stairs with Shira. "Good evening my fellow players. Beside me is my former Guild Master. She and her guild will also be spending the rest of their time here. Let them feel at home", Saruhiko announced. They all responded. "You have a wonderful guild", Shira noticed. Everyone is a family. Everyone is familiar to each other, though they are not that close. "Shira, would you mind to dance for a little", Saruhiko invited. Shira just nodded.

Shira looked at Saruhiko. "You look different from your avatar", Shira flushed. "I wasnt also expecting that I was with a goddess the whole time. What a fine woman you are", Saruhiko commended. Shira stepped at his feet. "Sorry", Shira's heart was racing. "Shira, players inside this guild are those that actually gave up in the real world. They accepted the fact that they will die here. Shira, if you...only if you like to stay... I wouldnt mind that you'll do it for them and not for me... Please, light up a hope that they may continue to live", Saruhiko's voice trembled. "But I dont like for you to do things because...because you look at it as a responsibility. Your current guild master protects you not because of the heaviness of Responsibility but because he loves you", Saruhiko added. Shira looked around and saw that Shiro is not around. She was astonished to see Rin dancing with other girls. Young boys are also flocking around Aika. Akame is at the table, feasting. Fye is being interviewed by girls. Naru is also being flocked by ladies. "You did find a place where you belong", Saruhiko smiled while turning her around. "What are you saying? I made a contract. I'll be leaving when I already find you. You're doing a hard task right now. You need help and so I am not actually needed in their team. I also belong with you. You are my one and only guild member. How am I suppose to protect anybody else if I cannot be able to be with my guild member", Shira boasted.

Shirayuki's POV
That's what I said.

I went out to get some fresh air at the terrace and saw a familiar figure at the clocktower. He was looking at the stars. Something is not the same. He seems to be thinking really deep. Was it because of what I told him earlier? I teleported towards him since it's just near. The party is on going. Why is he here? I shouldnt have said something about his old guild. He needs someone right now.

"Oi... Shiro, Akame is looking for you", Shira startled him. Shiro regained his composure and laughed. "Geez, you're acting weird", Shira sat with him. "Are you thinking of me being a traitor?", Shira asked. "Not really. Saruhiko is right. You're fitted in this place", Shiro agreed. "There are a lot of hopeless people in this place. They need you more than I do", Shiro added. "Why cant we just relocate them at the HOME? Then I can still be.... Still.... Then", Shira stopped talking. "Sorry, I think I have to stay here with Saruhiko.... I hope you'll have great travels", Shira's voice cracked. "Shira, if you are bothered by us. Then let me be honest with you, I invited you to be a part of the log horizon because you are a great asset. I believe Saruhiko will not treat you that way. Treat you as a convinience? Sorry, you are always free to leave my guild. I'm not a worth master. We dont need you", Shiro said then disappeared. Shira was left dumbfounded.

The next 3 days, Shiro and Shira are not talking to each other. They were about to leave that day. Saruhiko went out of the kingdom with them to ensure safety. They were able to leave safetly. Shira watched them at a distance. Saruhiko went back and saw Shira looking at the horizon. "They will come back after 4 days", Saruhiko informed. "I know", Shira pouted and went at the town skirts to play with the kids and converse with the old people. Saruhiko noticed sadness in her eyes.

Castle ...

The two of them are in front of the table. Shira was looking at the foods. None of them are similar to Fye's cooking. "Eat.", Saruhiko smiled. "Sorry, Saruhiko. You might be thinking that I dont want this place but I really love it. I can sleep and wake up well. You provided this place for these people as well", Shira smiled. Saruhiko was still not convinced. "After eating, I want to show you something", Saruhiko informed. They ate and had chit chats about the game.

They finished eating and went to the underground of the castle. They saw a huge gem. "I remember this gem!", Shira exclaimed. "This was the rare item at a dungeon where I nearly died. Do you remember where was that again? It was 2 days before the Apocalypse. You werent there with me", Shira pouted. "I'm so satisfied that you already made that face. That face that first approached me inside the HOME", Saruhiko sighed. "I thought I would never see it again", Saruhiko chuckled. "Why is it here?", Shira asked. "I remember you giving it to me. I kept it as a reminder that I have a very strong Guild Master and I want to become like her", Saruhiko answered. Shira pinched his cheek. "I'm not kidding here", Shira lectured. "Okay, remember that dungeon", Saruhiko asked. Shira nodded. Saruhiko smirked.

End.

Awwee..... Why did they part ways?Because. The author said so....

Eve.