#2: Mirror

#Shirayuki Sai POV
I checked on my  list and it is still functionable except Saruhiko who is my only guild member. Someone called me and another...and another...and another....

The Gray Fox can you please join our guild. We're scares we dont know what to do.

Gray fox please save us.

Save me.

Join me.

Protect me.

Stay with me.

Protect...protect...protect...

I closed my line so no one can contact me. Protect? I cant even stand up straight. I'm scared. How can I protect this people. They are scared and so do I. I check the log out box once more just to find it really missing. There was a message to all of the players. I clicked it.

If you want to look for an exit, kill the Game Master.

I stand up on my feet and look at the sky. The sky turned into a mirror and changed our appearance. We are once back on our original faces, height, and feautures. My silver hair and crimson eyes are the ones I can see in the mirror.

Taro Village.

After traveling for a week, Sai ended up in a village

After traveling for a week, Sai ended up in a village. She entered the tavern with black coat and a hood. She saw a group of knights. As she sits down, she asked the waiter. "What guild are those people?". The waiter looked around and whispered. "They are called the Log Horizon. Back at Home, the guilds decided to form the highest guild that will lead in the expidition of looking for the game master", the waiter explained. "The Log Horizon", Shira whispered to herself. Another group of travelers entered the tavern. It was composed of a tall black haired man in a white coat and pair of glasses, a little girl with a brown hair and purification weapon, and a blonde man with a staff. A half alv, shrine priestess and a mage. People are looking at them. I have no idea who there are so I checked on their background. Level 56 and level 91 but then I cannot see the level of the half alv. It means he is 5 levels higher than me.

The priestess looked at me and I averted my stares. The rest are enjoying drinking and listening to the music. How come they are not affected? "Want to join us?", the mage asked. I shook my head and prepared to leave. It was such a rude thing to do. I am not going to involve myself with these people. Those that doesnt care about their real lives.

"We care about our real lives, we just accepted that this is our new reality", the half alv spoke. Did he just read my mind? I took my leave and started to walk into another dangerous path. The mountains I passed through was filled with goblins. Honestly, I am so scared. Saruhiko is not here to watch my back. I can die anytime. The game news reported 120 deaths. We cannot remove the nerve gear or else it will automatically explode with our brain inside. The pain is also real. Everything seems real...no everything is real.

End of POV

Tirabethia Bridge
Shira walked into the narrow bridge held by old ropes.The place was foggy and hazy. She used her eagle vision to see if there are enemies ahead and found none. She continued walking until she sensed a presence behind her, ghosts. "This is not written in the game manual", she complained. Shira drew her swords and prepared for battle. She swung her sword but the damage for the ghost is zero. The ghost was alarmed and gave a counter attack giving a scratch to Shira's face. Shira squinted and saw that the exit is still far. Am I going to die here? She tried to run but the ghost was fast. Her HP is already 40%. She face the ghost and gave a good blow but the damage was still zero. "Begone", a voice called out. There was a light that cleared the area. Shira turn around and saw the half alv. The ghost hid and ran away. The Half alv offered his hand. "Nice to meet you, I am Shiro, the Black Villain as they call. And you are... Shira. You fought well back there", Shiro praised.

He held out his hand at the other edge of the bridge and I took it. Something's wrong. First, we cannot log out. Second, I was transported in an unknown place. Third, there are ghost? There shouldnt be. "This is not the world we once knew. The Game Creator and Game Master seems to have a miscommunication which bought a lot of bug in this game.", Shiro explained. Shira drew her sword and pointed it to Shiro. "Who are you? Why are you so composed in this situation? Why do you have so much information?", Shira interviewed. "I'm just a normal player like you. Question is, are you a normal player?", Shiro asked and raised his glasses. "What are you implying?", Shira furrowed her brow. "Forgive me of my rudeness but then, I humbly come here to ask you to join my guild", Shiro invited. Shira looked around and felt a presence. "Sorry, I have my own guild", Shira bowed and left.

Back In The Tavern.
Shiro came back downhearted. "Shiro?", Fye, the mage called him out. "I failed. After I impressed her", Shiro whined. Fye patted his back. "Mah, that's how it is. I'll try to convince her once more but why are you desperate enough to help her?", Fye asked. "Remember why I formed this guild? It's not for popularity sake. It's because I want to provide a place for people like Shira. People who are scared and lonely. Afterwhich, we'll find an exit", Shiro said in a serious voice. "Anything else?", Fye asked. "Before we werr trapped in this game.I once participated in a raid and I saw her doing a solo quest at the same dungeon. Her eyes were lonely and she's nearly dying. I gave assistance and healed her. I left so she wont see me", Shiro narrated. "You're really an amazing person, Shiro", Fye smiled.

Thank you for reading
Sorry for the errors

Just comment if you've seen one.

I'll be adding some anime characters in this story. Hope I'll pick your favorite one.