#26: What death feels like II?

Shirayuki'S POVI was asked to report at Akashi's tent

Shirayuki'S POV
I was asked to report at Akashi's tent. Before I stepped in, I heard Akashi and Train having a conversation sa I stayed outside. I sat down and listened.

Akashi: You should be inside you barracks. Rest.
Train: You're really the same cold guy ,arent you?
Akashi: Rest is neccessary.
Train: That's what you always say during our basketball days. Wah!!! How I miss those
Akashi: Let's go back alive so we can play again.
Train: Uhmmm...

Train went out and saw Shira eavedropping. "I'll tell you", Train teased. "No need. I was actually called here", Shira pouted. "Shira, I'll wait for you at the tavern", Train informed. Shira entered and saw Akashi sitting at the tatami mat. "Akashi, any news about the rest of the party?", Shira asked. "Esdeath, Reishi, Kanda, and Archer are already done with their tasks", Akashi answered. "It's only us and C C left", Akashi added. "After this raid, we'll be able to see our guild members again", Shira said in glee. "Shira, I overheard you speaking with Train. Sorry for listening with no permission", Akashi apologized. "I wouldnt promise that no one will die. I am not a perfect strategist like Shiro", Akashi lowered his head. Shira dropped her hand on Akashi's shoulder. "Dont take all the burden with you", Shira smiled. "I also want to fight", Akashi suddenly opened. "But... Reishi said you're not a combat player. You're the strategist of the Council", Shira tilted her head. "Ah", Akashi gave a slight smile.

Everyone gathered on the conference room. They are all prepared. Their faces are all serious. Train stood beside Akashi. "May I have the opportunity to speak right now?", Train asked. Akashi nodded. "No matter what happened. Protect Akashi!!!", Train instructed. They all whispered with each other. "Shut up! I wouldnt mind you hating me. But... Please do everything to protect him. Akashi is the strategist of the Council", Train added. Shira was startled and faced palmed. Everyone nodded in agreement. They all marched out the area and headed into a cave.

Cave...
It was full of mist and the temperature is low. Shira looked around and saw creepy snakes on the walls of the cave. "Akashi, stay close to me", Shira held his hand. Akashi withdrawn his hand. "Shira, I'm a guy. I dont need a woman to protect me", Akashi hid his flushed face. The rest of the men created a circle formation. Snakes crept in and formed a large monster. "Charge!", Akashi instructed. "Shira, stay with Akashi", Train looked at the girl. The raid started, they were able to take down the monster. They jumped in glee...when...the bridge connecting to the exit

10 of the players died from the fall

10 of the players died from the fall. They woke up and found themself in the depths of the cave. It was a mazelike place. "Akashi!!!", Train shouted. "I'm here, dont panic!", Akashi said in irritation. He stood up and felt something on his stomach. Shira fainted on him. "Shira, wake up", Akashi shook her. Shira stood up. She looked around and her eyes widened. "No way", Shira looked at Akashi. "This is an unknown place in the game", Akashi fixed his clothes. "Gather up in the center. We dont know what's coming next. But...dont panic", Akashi instructed. Undead came creeping out of the ground. The players tried to kill them but they are fast in respawning. Shira aided in killing it. She noticed that their head are stiched. "Detach their head!!!", Shira shouted. A roar suddenly was heard. A large dragon suddenly fell from the top.

Monster: Drago
Level: 150

"No way!!!", some players was stunned by looking at the large monster. "It's just huge. Dont let them into you!", Train tried to lift some spirit. "Surround the Dragon. We cannot do single attacks. Attack at once. Knights and Bards will attack the feet. Mage and archers, give a damage on its eyes", Akashi instructed. Shira was about to join but Akashi grabbed her wrist. "Sorry, I cannot let you join them", Akashi looked with sad eyes. The priest are constantly healing them. Akashi drew his sword and ran into the Dragon's arm. He was able to reached the eye level and stabbed his sword on the left eye. He was thrown on the side. Shira came to assist him. Akashi's left eye is bleeding. Shira gave first aid. The priest and priestess tried to avert the healing. "Dont mind me. Focus your healing on the players!", Akashi scolded them. The dragon flapped its wings and damaged a lot of players. "Those with 30% HP. Get behind the priest and priestess", Akashi commanded. Shira remembered Train's words. Shira put a chain to Akashi. "You cannot join the combat unit", Shira tied him together with her.

Some players were petrified and was killed by the undead. 188 players remaining. "Orders", one of the players asked. "Sorry, my left eye can no longer see", Shira tied a clothe into his left eye. "But I will still be... Doing my best!", Akashi stood up. "10 players will secure every feet. Split into four groups. Train and then Knights will be positioned in front. The rest will stay at it's back. Be sure to be in its blindspot. Start!", Akashi commanded. They did as what was said. The dragon's HP is decreasing. "Keep going!!!", the ones that were heavily damaged cheered. The dragon's eyes flashed and petrified the other players. "Shift... Another set of 10 players!", Akashi instructed. Shira was itching to aid. "Stay with Akashi until the very end!", Train smiled at Shira. "Oy! Train", Akashi shouted. "Train! We wont let go until the very end. It's your final blow. Dont worry about us. If we die, then we will. Go on before it's totally healed!!!", the players shouted. "They're asking for suicide", Shira stepped forward. "Go!!!", the shouted. Train got his sword and pointed it to the dragon. "Sorry...", he said. "Dont apologize!!", they all smiled. Train used all his mana to release a special attack.

End of Chapter

Done Eating