#21: Joint Forces

HOME...
It's been a year an a half since the game had started to malfunction. 5,000 players already died. Some cannot withstand their health problems. Some gave up and committed suicide. The Council called a meeting to all players. Different combat guilds were present. Children and old ones are not allowed to participate in the quest. Aika was left at the orphanage while the rest are having meeting.

Guild masters of different guild were asked to sit in front

Guild masters of different guild were asked to sit in front. "I, Reishi, Leader of the Council will be talking about the real agenda", Reishi opened. "We cannot let this dying incidents grow. That's why I'm asking you people, to join hand in hand with me. I wont force you but... If you you have a family, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, and waiting for you, then maybe its time to see them. I wil make sure your lives werent in vain", Reishi assured. Everyone looked at each other. Shiro looked back to his guild. "I'm not going to do this for me. I'm gonna join because I have a guild who wants to go home", Shiro stood up. The rest of the Guild master

The meeting was done. Reishi called Shiro and the rest of his guild.

Along the Coridor.
"Fye, Rin, Naru... Go accompany Aika. She might get sad. Akame and Aris, guard the conference room. Shira, watch my back", Shiro instructed. They did what was asked. Shira sighed as they enter the huge room.

Conference Room...

Esdeath, Kanda, C.C, Archer, Akashi, and Reishi are already sitting around the table. There were three seats which was reserved. "I was actually expecting you, Shira", Reishi looked at Shira and gave a slight smile. Shira blushed and hid behind Shiro. "Dont be shy. Sit with us", Reishi invited. "One seat is empty", Shiro notices as the take their seat. "He's not coming", Reishi sighed. "Shiro, we invited you here because we need a map", Reishi opened. "And...what are you trying to say?", Shiro asked. "Please make a way for us", Reishi bowed. "Ah... The master bowed", Kanda stood up. The rest of the members kneeled. "What a great honor. I was actually planning for that to happen... But... If anything happens to me, I will have Shira to take my place", Shiro stood up. "Give me 3 more weeks", Shiro smiled and left with Shira.

"Let's go back to our own home", Shiro had a sad tone even in his smilling face. "What in the world is happening?", Aris jumped on Shiro. Akame kicked him away. "Master, did something happen?", Akame asked. "I'm just overwhelmed that they gave me a good task", Shiro faked a smile. Akame glared at Shira. "What happened?", Akame asked. "He was asked to create a map for the whole mission", Shira answered. "Let's go back", Shiro invited.

Log Horizon Zone a day after
Garden of Fireflies
Shiro was sleeping on the grassy plains beside the river. Akame passed by and blushed to see his master in deep sleep. She sat beside the guy and carrassed his hair. "Master, rest well", Akame chuckled. In the same way, Shira and Aika are heading to the place. Aika grabbed Shira inside the bush. Aika used a magic to hide their presence. "Master, the first time I saw you, my heart skipped a beat. I already saw a great man in you. The truth is, you remind me of my Dad. A reliable man, but then... Dad died. I will not let that happen for the second time. I will protect you", Akame smiled. Aika and Shira gulped.

Shiro woke up and felt a cushion for his head. He tilted and saw thighs. "Akame?", Shiro gulped. "Sorry, I was just passing by and saw you", Akame reasoned out. "I see", Shiro smiled at her and patted her head. "Master... Are you... I mean.. You and.. Shira...", Akame stuttered. "Hmmm?", Shiro sat up straight. "Shira and you are always together. Is there something between you?", Akame asked. Shiro laughed hard. Shira, who was listening, was irritated. "Shira is a nice girl. I was just showing her around", Shiro answered. "Let's go eat something", Akame grabbed Shiro. "She really likes him, doesnt he?", Aika laughed.

The next Day at the Kitchen

Naru is helping Fye cook for breakfast. Shiro entered. "What can I do to help?", he asked. Naru was shocked that he dropped the knife. "Naru? Are you okay?", Shiro asked. "Are you sick?", Naru asked back. Fye chuckled. "Leave him be, there are times he can be so helpful", Fye teased. "Uhmm...we're actually out of fruits. Can you go outside the zone and look for some?", Fye asked.

Outside the Zone.

Naru was silenced the whole time

Naru was silenced the whole time. "Uhmm. Why are you here with me. You're suppose to be doing a mission", Naru opened. Shiro hummed. "I am in a mission", Shiro smiled as he turned to the guy. "Naru, you're an elf arent you. Is it true that you can control monster's mind", Shiro asked. "Just those that are lower level than us", Naru answered. "That's amazing", Shiro applaud. "No. Monsters are suppose to be killed and not befriended", Naru clenched his fist. "I believe she doesnt think like that, your girlfriend. She's really fond of petting monsters", Shiro opened. "She wished to ride some Griffons with you", Shiro added. "Thank you, Shiro. If not because of you, Hino would have been sadden with the game's ending. I know you're going to end it. Sorry for being passive", Naru apologized and thanked. "Dont apologize and thank at the same time. Hino is really a good woman. I can see why you're devastated when she was gone. She was also a good friend", Shiro praised. Naru looked for fruit bearing trees. They saw some and picked it. A Griffon appeared in front of them. "Talking about being passive. You cant always be passive. You have somethings to do. People are with different roles", Shiro said while looking at the griffon. Naru already read Shiro's thoughts. Naru closed his eyes and the wind suddenly blew. He raised his hands and was able to control the Griffon. Shiro clapped. "Let's try him", Shiro grabbed Naru and rode the Griffon.

The rest will all be Shiro!!!