#20:Poison called Fear

Log Horizon Zone
Shiro's Room
He's in deep thought thinking about the three. Fye entered the room. "I've been checking on Shira's location but she cant be found. I can only locate Aika and Rin. Maybe a debug?", Fye added. Shiro also checked on Shira's status. "She's missing", Shiro stood up. She called Aika and Rin.

On the Fields.

Shira was able to break the barrier and let the two escape. She's covered in blood and her HP is already 40% . "Shiro warned us about using HP potion but I have no choice. HP potion affects our real bodies. It increases adrenal hormones that can kill us", Shira thought. She hid behind blind spots of the ScareCrow. "Come out or else I'll kill those two precious members of yours", the scarecrow chuckled. "Kill?", Shira went back with boost up HP and Mana. She draws her bow and made the swords as her arrow. It pierced into the doll's heart. He fell and turned into ashes. Shira sighed and sat for a while. A sword pierced into her heart. "Check Mate", the ScareCrow reassembled through the ashes. Shira's vision are becoming blur. A boomerang came stabbing all over the ScareCrow. Aika healed Shira. "I told you guys to run!", Shira scolded them. "Why are you asking us to abandon you?", Rin shouted back. "We are a team", Rin added. "I'm not asking you to abandon me. I'm just begging for you to save your lives", Shira tried to stand up but she's far beyond repair. She tried to remove the sword stabbed on her chest. "I am asking you to run because I wont be able to save you", Shira started crying. "Shira?", Aika was startled to see her cry for the first time. Rin was thrown behind Aika. The ScareCrow is already there to kill the two. Shira used chains to drag the Scare Crow back.

"Oh? You were just crying a whilr ago", Scare Crow chuckled. He was about to use a special ability when Shiro appeared in between them. "Shi...ro", Shira's eyes widened and tears continue to flow in her eyes. "What a dirty trick to do, Game Operator", Shiro brought a creepy looking scythe.

"You're late!!!", Shira scolded while wiping her tears

"You're late!!!", Shira scolded while wiping her tears. "Sorry, that must have been hard on you", Shiro said in a low voice. Chains started to grab on the scarecrow. "Kneel", Shiro commanded. The Scarecrow was forced to kneel. The chains were slowly draining his HP. "There's one thing you should never forget. Scarecrow, you are also a player in this game. Havent you noticed your name? You were also a part of the apocalypse", Shiro whispered. The doll panicked and tried to escape. Shiro cut off his head. "One life is better off dead than to leave it killing a thousand", Shiro explained to Shira. "He's also...a human?", Shira asked. Shiro nodded. Shiro carried Aika who fainted due to nervous. Rin assisted Shira. "Let's go home", Shiro teleported them all to Log Horizon.

The Next Day.
Log Horizon Office
Shiro's kneeling in front of Shira. "Sorry for letting you under go those crazy experience", Shiro apologized. "What are you apologizing for? You have taught me everything and you also illustrated it", Shira humphed him.

Flashback...
Shirayuki's POV
I will do what I can do and go to my last solution. Shiro's words are. "Do your best because you'll never know that your team will be assisting you afterwards. Always remember that you have me as your back up". Shira smiled and break the barrier letting Rin and Aika escape. "Shiro will come. Dont worry. I'll just buy some time to distract him", Shira assured the two.

End.

Shiro tilted his head and stood up. "Dont apologize, you're not at fault if this game is trying to kill us all", Shira looked into his eyes and walked out the door. She met Akame along the way. "I'm glad you're alive", she said while blushing. "Areh~ i cant hear you", Shira teased. "I'm glad you're alive, idiot! Everyone in the guild will be sadden if you die. And the Guild includes me", Akame shouted and left. Shira sighed and remembered Shiro killing the ScareCrow. "Aren't half alvs suppose to be just magic users? How come Shiro's using combat skills?", Shira thought.

Kitchen...
Naru is peeling the vegetables. Shira entered and saw him. "Ah, where is Fye?", Shira asked. "He went at the HOME to get some supplies. Aris also went with him", Naru answered. "By the way, how are you Naru?", Shira asked out of the blue. "If you"re asking about my breakdown with my girlfriend. I'm still getting over it. If you're asking me how I feel right now, I'll be willing to say thank you for dragging me out of misery", Naru answered. "It wasnt just me though", Shira whispered under her breath. Naru patted Shira's shoulders. "Welcome back", Naru smiled. "I'm hungry!!!" Rin complained. Shira met eyes with him and averted it. "Sorry, I wasnt able protect you well", Shira bowed. "What are you saying? I'm suppose to be the onr apologizing. I am a guy. I have to protect Aika and you", Rin clenched his fist. Shira stopped for a while. "You're a fine man, arent you?", Shira chuckled. Rin laughed after. "But... I will really train hard... So I can protect everyone in this guild", Rin had a resolve burning in his eyes.

Aika's Room.
Shira visited her. She's reading a book on magic. "I entered since the door is already open", Shira sat on her bed. "Shira, dont blame yourself. Never blame yourself if we get hurt....or even if we die. We are a team. That's why everyone has their own responsibility", Aika turned to Shira and smiled. "You smiles are really the best medicine", Shira commented. "You know what... Fye... Fye...", Aika kept chattering.

Shirayuki's POV
If not because of Shiro, I wont be able to meet these people. I wont be able to have fun in this terrifying game. That's why. Thank you, Shiro. I wont be able to say it straightly right now.... But... Thank you...

That's the end. Of ScareCrow Character.....

End...