#30: Happy Birthday

"Are you sure about that?", Aris sneaked through the window. "What?", Akame fixed Shiro's desk. "Letting him go like that... they're actually near at falling for each other", Aris reminded. "If it's Shira...I wont mind. She's a tough girl after all", Akame smiled and Aris was taken back. He chuckled and opened his arms wide. "Come", Aris invited. Akame punched his stomach and left the room.

Shira's Room

She heard a knock and opened it. It was Shiro. "Do you need me to buy ink?", she asked. "Let's go do some investigation", Shiro commanded. "Tch. I thought it will be my day off", Shira closed her door and followed Shiro. "What do people usually do during their birthdays?", Shiro asked. "Wh..why?", Shira asked. "I was just curioused", Shiro answered. There's no way he'll know about my birthday.

HOME

Shirayuki's POV

Shiro passed by Esdeath's guild and they talked secretly. I guess it's about another mission. I looked around and saw Esdeath's guild member teasing each other. They all look strong and also competent. They can really protect her well. Can I also be that reliable to Shiro? He's been helping me a lot since then. I took a break and went outside to take some air. Huh... air? "Shira", someone called my name. It was another Council Member. The assassin... Kanda. "Have you seen Akame? She's been avoiding me everytime she visits here", Kanda sighed. "Maybe because you are such a creep", I said straightforwardly. "If you really want her... be sensitive enough", I adviced and left. Shiro ran after me. "Let's go eat some cake", Shiro invited.

Cafe
"What a fancy place. Is this new?", I asked. "It was made by the orphan kids", Shiro answered. "In the real world... we usually hang out like this. Me and my friends talk about... boys and the like", I suddenly began telling a story. "Typical for a high school student", Shiro laughed. "But I never trusted them", I said looking at his eyes. "I... was betrayed couple of times. I was used because of my brain and status in life. I was just an attracting accessoy for boys to notice them. Then... they throw me when guys flock around me", I narrated. Shiro wasnt saying anything. He was just staring at me. "Yeah! I know that was boring", I faked a laugh. "I didnt see it that way. I was amazed that you are finally opening to me. I feel like a big brother now", Shiro smiled. Yeah.. Shiro will always be that person who is nice to everyone and even everything.

"That's why you got trust issues. I now get it. Be a doctor, Shira", he said out of the blue. "Fye told me... how you ended here and then you had a previous fight with your parents because of career. Parents... do think for our future", Shiro smiled again. "Why are you saying that? I really wanted to be a game designer", I said with a firm voice. "For you to escape you daily lives?", Shiro asked. "You dont want to be a game designer... you were just using it to be an alibi for your escape. Be a doctor... and help a lot of people", Shiro patted my head. I really hated it but just this time...

Booths inside the HOME

Shiro and Shira played whatever they can and always win. "I got a lot of prizes today!!!", Shira shouted and ran around looking for foods. Shiro stopped by an accessory shop. He saw a hair pin and bought it.

Shira was watching him from a distant and flushed

Shira was watching him from a distant and flushed. "Is he going to give it to Akame?", Shira pouted and just went at the grassy plains. "I never enjoyed it this much in the HOME. All I did was kill monsters back then", Shira stretched her limbs and lied down. Shiro fixed Shira's hair and put the hair pin. Shiro lied beside her. The girl made some distance. "Are you doing this for my sake?", Shira asked. Shiro chuckled. "Sorry but you're wrong. It's also my first time to celebrate my birthday like this... eat cakes and play until your feet gets ripped off", Shiro laughed. "Shiro... you never told me anything about yourself aside from the fact that you're a college student and you're a computer analyst", Shira pouted. "I guess so... when we return to our real worlds, we'll be seeing each other as often", Shiro tilted his head and looked at Shira.

"I... I am like... I have the same situation as Rin. Beaten and abandoned. It just hurts to know that those people whom you thought will love you the most will be those that cause you so much trouble", Shiro laughed. "Dont laugh. It's okay. You told me I should be a doctor. I should be training how to take in people's pain", Shira said while holding Shiro's hand. "And then... those people whom you thought will love you so much more than anyone else... kick you... punch you... spit on your face... use you for money... burn your skin... poke your eyes", Shiro breathe deeply. "That's why I feel so relaxed being here. There were times I just want to stop here and never go back to the real world", Shiro laughed again. "Dont laugh", Shira closed her eyes. "Dont worry... I dont have any issues. I never killed anyone before or even takes drugs, alcohol or cigarette. I'm a good guy", Shiro added. "No one is perfect", Shira held his hand tighter. "I do have some problems... I cant sleep at night without sleeping pills but then... this place was different... these past days were different. I can really sleep well", Shiro said while looking at the sky. "If you stay here... I wont be able to punch you really hard in the real world", Shira sat down. "Let's have a proper date in the real world", Shira pulled Shiro and opened a portal heading to the zone.

"Let's go... home where no one will hurt you cause we will be there to protect you. Plus... I'm so happy you were born", Shira smiled and they both walked in.

Happy Birthday.