I don't understand why he couldn't just get his own car since he has money from his job to buy an nice working used car for himself. Technically the car he drives is shared between the two of us, but it's mostly mine since I did pay ¾'s of it.

Putting a hand underneath her chin, she sighs, "You're a lucky girl, you get to watch the team practice almost everyday."

I shrugged, "It's not as thrilling as it seems. I sit here for 2 hours, burying my head in books, starving my ass off, then having to sit in a car for 15 minutes with a sweaty and dirty boy driving right next to you, definitely not lucky."

Rolling her eyes, she flipped a lock of her dark auburn hair over her shoulder and said, "Well at least you get to see Jayce Reynolds in action, the best junior on the team."

I laughed a little, "Why can't you just say Jayce? It's always Jayce Reynolds this, Jayce Reynolds that, he does go by his first name, Lil."

"Not to every other girl in our grade." She retorted.

If you hadn't guessed it already, Jayce Reynolds is the equivalent to my brother of the junior class. He is considered the best junior on the football team. The girls loved him, the guys wanted to be him, typical idolization of a football player. He seemed to be a nice person, although he was known for getting into fights, intimidating other guys older or younger than him, and I heard he could be pretty scary when he wants to be. Now I don't know if he's arrogant, rude, or all those "bad boy" characteristics, but what I do know is that when Jayce was in 8th grade, he was probably the nicest person I've ever met. 

Before I had a chance to reply to her, I noticed the cheerleaders saunter their way onto the field, seeing that practice was over. I am so lucky that Cameron does not have a girlfriend on the cheerleading squad, a girlfriend in general actually. I had nothing against cheerleaders, some of them were pretty nice actually, it's just that the ones here at Hartwell, weren't the nicest people in the world - at least towards me they weren't, and I never really knew why. 

Seeing a long blonde haired girl walk towards Jayce caught my attention. Of course she'd be the first one to approach him, she is his girlfriend after all.

"I bet Quinn doesn't call him by his full name." I said to Lillian.

Jayce wrapped his arms around Quinn's waist, pecking her lips for a few seconds. Letting her down, she smiles at him, but all he does is turn his head to listen to what the rest of his teammates are saying. She so desperately tries to get his attention, by running her hand through his hair, getting closer to him, or giving him random kisses on his cheek.

"It sickens me as to how he puts up with her." I say, under my breath, but loud enough for only Lillian to hear.

She scowls, "Well they are perfect together, big egos, thinking they're better than everyone, and wherever they go, they're little friends follow as always." It's as if Quinn had bionic hearing or something, because right after Lil said that, she turned her head towards us, scowling at the sight of us glancing at her.

"Is there something you two want? I'd rather not have two stalkers watch my boyfriend and I kiss, if that's ok with you." She scoffed at us and rolled her eyes.

Oh how I wish that past me had decided to sit somewhere farther from the field. 

As the words left her mouth, everyone on the field turned their heads to looks at us, more likely me, which made absolutely no sense at all. I could feel my cheeks heat up, still not saying anything; I hide my hands into the sleeves of my sweater, occasionally pulling at the loose threads and biting my lips.