(26) Waiting and uncertainty

*Chelseas P.O.V*

I didn't know what do to do now.I was running for at least a few hours even though the darkness prevented me from seeing much.I had cuts and was bleeding from my exposed skin and my feet were in tatters.I was longing for a house or someone - Anyone to help me or offer me advice.I begun to tire and decided to sit down and rest for at least a minute.

I found a stream and sat next to it and looked up at the moon.It was a full noon tonight - "Shepards delight" like my mum used to say and full moon at morning is the "Shepards warning" It was beautiful and now offered me some light since the trees are thinning out the further I go.I leant into the stream with my cupped hands and splashed water over myself to cool myself down.The night was a cold one but I was sweating after my long journey.I just wish I would reach my destination

Help

I also drank some of the murky stream water since I was desperately thirsty and for up and walked along the stream.I hoped it would reach a river or an ocean where people would be around or at least out of the forest.I was limping now and the ground started to get extra hard and I just wanted to huddle down and sleep but I know I have to go on.I can't stop again.I simply cannot.

As I was walking on,I thought back to the man's and Ashleys intentions.Obviously if they wanted to kill me and despose of my body,Here would be the place.Nobody would be able to find me here if that was the case.I can't believe the cops didn't find me yet.It has now been over a year since I have been taken.Since I seen my family and my friends...Ashley must of got sick of me.Maybe that's why he brought me here or maybe to do something sick with me and decided to include that man...

I slowed down when I realised there was a treehouse ahead hidden up on the huge oak tree in front of me.I felt instantly happier but then though this is a bad idea..Why one earth would their be a treehouse all the way here?

I turned left and decided to be safe than sorry and went over the grassy hill and fell over the other side and realised I was on a dirt track.I walked along it and then decided to have another rest.

I lay under a bush and told myself to stay awake but sleep overpowered me and took me over.I woke up to the Sun blazing through the branches and remembered what happened the night before.It was cold and I realised I was worse than I thought and my feet were still in agony but either way,I was gonna walk.

I pulled myself up and walked some more and did so for the next few days which dragged into weeks till I reached the end of the dirt track and to the edge of the forest.I remembered my teacher mentioned about forests having bears/ect but the most I saw and witnessed was a couple of foxes and squirrels but haven't seen them in a while.They may have gone into complete hyphenation.I wish I could aswell you know?Sleep through the bad times and wake up when its happy and sunny.I found some ripped up tent material a while back which I knotted into a dress and the rest into a shawl type thing.I have been surviving on scraps of berries and water but I know I can't go on like this much longer.

I reached a road and I burst into tears of joy.All my dreams have came through.I walked along it till I heard a noise which I realised was an engine.I darted behind a tree and his.You may think that's stupid but I'm not taking any chances.It was an old truck and drive past slowly.I didn't get a look at the driver but I stood about and looked at the plate and decided I didn't like the look of it.I didn't feel safe asking the driver.I just got a feeling to run or to at least get away which I started to do when the truck suddenly made an U-Turn and made its way back in my direction.

I fled back into the woods and heard the truck make a stop and I hid down under a bush and watched through the branches.I wasn't gonna run - I couldn't run fast and the man which I could now see in the drivers seat looked like he could easily catch me.He looked sweet and kinda young but the rifle in his arms which I now spotted unnerved me.He may be a Hunter but didn't look like the type.His hand has a rose tattoo on it and I spotted another guy in the passenger seat with dark hair with a red streak through it.I didn't know what they wanted and wasn't willing to enquire to find out.They opened the doors and stepped out.They had rope and guns...

I clasped my mouth shut to stop myself from screaming and they dissapeared into the woods on either side and two other guys came from the back of the truck into the seats.They looked way more intimidating than the other ones and had bandanas covering their faces.

I knew this wasn't right.I couldn't hear the other guys but I knew what they were doing now.

Waiting.

- Sorry for late update and spelling mistakes.Will edit later.I wanted to get this up for you guys.Thank you all so much ♡♡ -