Chapter 2:

Chapter 2: 

So at lunch we sat there eating. I was eating my salad, a small piece of chicken, pineapple and fat free milk. Yippy. Harold didn't show up today. Sadly. But its ok. I have Sam and my work. "What you thinking about Jess?" Sam said concernedly breaking my tain of thought. "Oh. Nothing." Lie! I was totally thinking of Harold Styles. The hottie of our school. 

"You sure? You seem a little..blushed to be thinking of nothing." Carly barley spat out case she was giggling so much. "What?" I felt my cheeks. Sure as fuck I was blushing. I went to speak but I was interrupted  by something amazing. 

"Ello loves. Hows your lunch?" My mouth dropped open when Harold Styles and his British accent sat next to Sam. "Hi hubby." Sam smiled kissing the hotties cheek sweetly. "Hey babe." Harold said smiling. WHAT?! My best friend is dating my crush!! How? "I'm sorry, Harold. I have to go." I said getting up. 

"Call me Harry. Bye love. Wait who are you? Carly?" Harry. Damn. Its even better. "Umm. I'm Jessica. Harry." Damn it i need to stop smiling like a dork. "Lovely name for a lovely girl. Bye. See you around." Eek! 

***

"Yes mom. Harold. Well he likes me to call him Harry" I excitedly told my mom Harry and myselfs conversation. "Wow. Did he ask you out?" I sighed. I didn't tell her  my best friend let me down.

"No. Hes dating Sam." "Aw Sam. Well its ok. You that book of poems grandma would always read to you?" "Ya. What about it?" "Remember your favorite one?" "The Nerd and The Hottie?" "Yes. Think of that. He'll come around one day. Give the boy time." 

***

As I pulled out an old book from my moms closet, I opened it up and read it. 

The Nerd and The Hottie. 

I saw him walking down the hall. The beautiful thing i adored. He has a heart, like me. He has a mind, Like me. He has a body, Like me. What dose he have that I don't? I'm a nerd you see. Hes the 'Hunk' of them. So how could it be, The Nerd and The Hottie?

My thoughts rang true, yet horribly false. Cause as the day ran by, my only friend shouted. 'He loves you, He loves you!' But how could it be? I doubted her logic, long and far. Until the hottie walked over to me. His words were deep. it struck my heart. Like lighting on a house. 

"Lets be, The Nerd and The Hottie."

No. It wont ever happen. We wont ever be together. What is she thinking? Its a poetry book. Everything good happens in poetry. Dose it? 

*** 

It was about 3 in the morning. I couldnt sleep. What was I to do? I sat up drawing Harrys name on white paper and books. What have i become? A love struck girl? Or what?