"It is. We thought it was a C-rank mission and all we had to do was to escort a bridge builder to the Mist Village. But as the mission progressed, I was aware that the mission was indeed an A-rank type."

Shiori was in awe, "Wow... they are just genins and they survived on their first A-rank mission. Maybe it's all thanks to you, Kakashi. You helped them a lot, right?"

Kakashi shook his head with a proud smile, "Not really. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura were doing great on that mission, especially Sasuke. We were ambushed by two chuunin ninjas of the Mist and Sasuke dealt with them nicely. Then he and Naruto teamed up to fight a boy named Haku. Though I must say that Sasuke nearly lost his life while battling-"

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

Sasuke nearly died?!

I couldn't imagine Sasuke covered up in bloods and deep cuts and was slowly dying. I just couldn't imagine a strong-looking boy like him dying like that. He proved to me that he will not easily give up until he won in our battles. Iruka used to pair us up to duel one another and Sasuke used everything he had to win against me.

Kakashi nodded his head, "All of us were glad to see his eyes opened. And this is what I'm worrying about. One of my comrades was almost killed in an A-rank mission and that is one of the reasons why I'm hesitating to tell them about the Chuunin Exam. Though I was impressed with how they dealt with Zabuza and Haku. They showed great teamwork, especially Naruto and Sasuke."

Shiori swallowed her food and grinned reassuringly, "Kakashi, it's just Chuunin Exam. There won't be any deaths because one of the main rules in the exam is everyone is forbidden to kill one another. This is just a friendly exam for genins to prove whether they have the qualities to become chuunin or not. Just relax!"

Kakashi sighed in relief, "I guess you're right, Shiori. Maybe I am worrying too much about these kids."

By the time Kakashi finished his words, I had already finished my breakfast. I guess it's time for me to take a shower. Yep, I still had not showered yet. I woke up this morning and immediately helped Shiori with breakfast.

******

Third Person's P.O.V

After the two Jounin heard Ayuda entered and closed the bathroom door, Kakashi glanced at the lady beside him and whispered, "What happened to Ayuda last night?"

Shiori laughed shortly before saying, "I knew you're going to ask that."

"I know you, Shiori. You're not the type to easily allow people to sleep in your apartment, even your own students. So I was surprised to see Ayuda here," told Kakashi.

Shiori averted her gaze from Kakashi. Her plate was empty, indicating that she had eaten her breads and fried egg cleanly. Kakashi waited for her response, and a few seconds later, he got it:

"Ayuda has strict parents and she described them as 'devils that only care about their statuses'. To make it worst, they put her in an arranged marriage. She and this boy will engage after the Chuunin Exam ends."

"Oh," Kakashi was not really surprised. He had seen a lot of wealthy and noble families involved in forced or arranged marriages. He knew that Ayuda belonged to a noble family. But a small part of him was mildly shocked because a young girl like her was already in such predicament. Unable to contain his growing curiosity, he inquired, "Who is her partner?"

This time, Shiori stared back at Kakashi's eyes with serious look and answered, "Neji of the Hyuuga Clan. Have you ever heard of him? I feel like I've heard of that name before..."

Escape [Sasuke Uchiha]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें