Chapter 17 - The Forest Is Calling

Archer pulled me tightly to his chest, wrapping his arms around me.

"What happened? Where did you go," I asked Archer, still in his arms.

"I had to go deal with some business, but I'm here now," he gave me a striking smile that made my knees go weak.

He pulled away enough to place both his hands on my cheeks. He looked down at me with worried eyes. His expressions changed from smiling one second to being serious the other.

"Hey, you ok," he asked, his sole focus was on me. It was like I was the only person on the planet for him. He only had eyes for me and that made me smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I answered smiling.

"I'm sorry for running off like that earlier. It's just that I had a rogue problem to deal with."

"A rogue problem," I asked, looking up at him with questioning eyes, I tilted my head to the side, unconsciously.

"I'll explain it to you later, but for now, I heard that your uncle was at the pack's infirmary. What happened?"

"Well, some guy tried to kidnap him. I don't know why but the guy had Derek tied up in ropes. I-"

Bow cut me off. I totally forgot he was still in here with us.

"Sorry to interrupt you Fable but Archer, can I talk with you for a moment? I have some stuff to go over with you. That is if you don't mind." Bow looked at Archer. His eyes silently begging him. "It's kinda important."

Archer stayed silent, not saying a word but just gave him a one head nod.

"I'll be back as soon as possible. Don't get into any trouble while I'm gone." His deep, rich, smooth voice made me shiver in place. His warm hands held my own, making me feel cozy.

He held on a bit longer before Bow told him they had to go.

Our fingers slipped away from each other and all the coldness in the world beamed down at me all a once. I was thrown into a world of ice. I shivered again but this time it wasn't for a good reason.

An hour has passed by and Archer still hasn't come back.

I began to worry a bit but I had to calm myself down so I kept on chanting to myself that Bow was with him. He was in no harm. He'll be beside me before I know it.

Meanwhile, I decided that I should go take a trip around the area. Nothing too far from the house, after all, I wasn't familiar with these woods yet. Although, I had a feeling deep inside of me trying to scratch its way towards the surface and climb out of me. I ignored it. I couldn't define what it was so ignorance was my best solution to fix the problem.

I walked around the house, making a minimap in my head of what was where before heading out. This house had more rooms than it needs. Most of those rooms were filled with games, tv's, and beanbag chairs. But each room was unique in its own way.

It wasn't long when I walked outside and I roamed the area. I marveled at all the different flowers growing all around the house.

I looked off towards the forest.

The forest always scared me. I always believed something evil would leap out and snatch me up for its next meal. After learning what Archer and the rest of the guys were, I saw the forest in a new light. Nothing about it scared me anymore.

No. Not anymore.

Now it felt like I had a pull towards it. It lured me in. I could feel it. It was that feeling I had earlier but chose to ignore it. But now. Now I couldn't. It was ready to jump out any second.

I had to go in there. I had to smell the trees, the dirt, the grassy floors.

My stroll towards the forest turned into a jog before it finally turned into a run towards the forest.

The earthy scent confused my brain. My mind felt out of control.

I stood in a clearing somewhere in the forest now. Trees surrounded me. All I could see were green and brown colors around me.

My mind spun out of control. I tried to stay in control but I lost it a while ago when I made my first step towards the forest. It was gone.

The world around me vibrated and swirled all around me.

I stretched out my arms, trying to grab something, anything, to get my swaying body steady again.

I didn't feel good. I felt terrible. I felt like I was having one of those out of body experiences. That's how out of it I was feeling.

It wasn't even minutes when I crashed to the ground.

My eyes tried to focus on one thing but they couldn't stay steady for one second.

My heart beat rapidly. I did not know what was going on. I was deeply confused.

I tried to stay awake as long as possible but my head had something else in mind.

I felt my body turning in weird, unnatural ways. It didn't hurt but felt strange. I screamed. I screamed in fear of what was going on with my body.

With all the fear rolling around in me, my heart pounded a hundred times per minute. I slipped away from consciousness.

_____________________
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and all the others that came before this one. I'm not going to beat around the bush and so here it is... Yes, it's been a while since I have updated this story and I'm really sorry about that. I've just been having trouble writing the scenes for this story that time passed by without realizing it. As you can see, something is about to happen to Fable and I'm pretty sure you all know what it is. ;) Or maybe you don't... Ooooohhhh!!!!

Comment/ Vote/ Ponder on those last words said there on my author's note, if you want

-blue842

:P

O_o

See you soon!