Chapter 7 - Worth A Change Of Mind

"Wild," I gasped as I scurried to him with tears in my eyes. "Where were you, you doof? I've been calling you for over three hours." I burried my head into his furry body, hugging him to death.

Wild whimpered in my arms, snuggling his tiny head into my neck.

"Aren't you just adorable," I cooed.

"I'm home," Derek announced as he closed the front door with a loud bang.

"In here," I called out.

As Derek came in eyesight and saw me along with Wild, he turned on his heels.

"Dad! He did nothing to you," I said as I trailed behind him. He turned around to look at me.

"Look, Fay," he began, looking exhausted. "I'm fine with you getting a dog. And I may not like Wild but he is your dog. He's nothing mine, which is good. There's just something off about him that gives me the chills." He shivered as he gave a glance at Wild who sat by my feet.

"Why? He's just a little puppy." My eyebrows scrunched up together in confusion.

"Maybe there's a demon in him," Derek grinned in mischief as he walked away towards his room.

"Derek! He's no evil spirit or anything your mind is thinking about." I bent down to pick up Wild, cradling him in my arms.

"Don't listen to Derek, Wild. He has no idea what he's talking about," I spoke to Wild in a hushed voice.

He whined looking sad.

"Don't worry my handsome pup. We'll get Derek to change his mind. And I bet we could do it under a week. Deal?" He barked once as he wagged his tail in excitement.

~*~*~*~

The next day, Wild woke me up early to make Derek breakfast before he left to work.

I went downstairs, towards the kitchen to cook some eggs. Once I finished, I put them on a plate and placed them on the kitchen's island where Wild was currently sitting, waiting patiently as he watched me scurrying around, preparing Derek's breakfast.

I turned my back on Wild who sat next to the plate for a brief second as I went to put bread in the toaster. When I turned around I found Wild getting ready to drop a luggy on Derek's plate of food.

"No!" I lunged forward, swiping the plate away before Wild's drool dropped, just in time, onto the counter top.

"Wild," I exclaimed, giving him a pointed look.

I'm not sure if I should be disappointed or what. I'm surely confused at the moment. Wild is my little angel and not a demon like Derek refers him to.

Wild began to whine as he gave me his puppy dog face asking for forgiveness.

"Wild, why did you do that," I questioned him, hands on my hips and not caving into his puppy cuteness. Which, let me tell you, was very difficult, almost impossible. But I did it!

Wild turned his little head, for which now that I look at him, he looks bigger than yesterday. Not only his head but his body too.

"Wild, your head got bigger." He turned to face me with shock, mouth dropping open.

"No, I didn't mean it like that." I walked up to him. "You look bigger overall." At this, Wild jumped with excitement, waging his tail and barking really loud.

"What are you doing down here so early," a voice spoke out behind me.

I turned around to come face to face with Derek. "Oh, we just came down here to make you breakfast."

"Really," Derek's face lighten up with happiness. "Both of you?"

I gave him the plate of eggs that Wild almost put his fluids on.

"Bread is in the toaster," I said, picking up Wild and walking out and back to my bed.

~*~*~*~

"Ugh," I groaned in frustration.

Almost a week has passed. Tomorrow a full week would pass, officially.

Why am I groaning in frustration you ask? Oh, how kind of you to ask.

As you heard me say before, a week has almost passed and Wild and I have still to succeed in changing Derek's mind.

Not only that but I haven't had a job since my dad and I have moved here.

To be completely honest, he hasn't asked me to get a job until now. That's why I'm stressing over here.

"Wild," I called out to my pup who's not a pup anymore but a huge dog, almost the same size as me. He grew that much!

He's on his growth spurt or something of that sort if that's even possible for dogs. I'm not sure. I'm just guessing over here.

"What am I going to do," I asked him not expecting an answer. "We've been at it for about a week trying to impress Derek and trying to find myself a job."

Wild began to bark angrily, once again, at the mention of myself working. I believe he did that because he didn't want to be lonely staying here, at home, alone.

"Wild, we went over this. I have to get a job. It doesn't matter what it is. I just need to work." I threw myself backwards on my bed.

Wild began barking with excitement for some strange reason. Like if working is any fun.

I gave him a crazy look, "You're weird. First, you get angry at the mention of myself getting a job, then out of nowhere, you change your mind and instead your happy for me to leave? Make up your mind boy!"

"Let's just go to sleep," I said with droopy eyes. "Winter is rolling in and I'm starting to feel the change. You're sleeping with me tonight, Wild. I'm not giving you a choice. You're so warm and cozy. You'll be my teddy bear this winter."

Wild didn't give me a second glance before he jumped onto the bed, curling up on one side of the bed.

"You better provide me with some heat. And by that I mean, share your body heat or else I'm kicking you off the bed."

I got in bed and switched the side lamp off.

I wasn't able to change Derek's mind and the week is just about to end in a couple of hours. Oh well.

___________

Double update this week. Because of some people who've been asking for one, here I give it to you.

*Bows down as I offer you the chapter in a golden plater*

Until next week!!!

Comment/ Vote/ School is coming around once again *cringes and reframes from crying*

Until next time my peeps!!!!

-blue842

:P

O_o