Chapter 13 - He's What?!

The next day Archer and I were chilling in his office when Arrow crashed his way into the room causing us to turn our attention to him.

"He's dead," Arrow spoke out, without emotion, as he entered the room.

"He's what," I exclaimed, terrified.

Did Archer and the others kill my dad? Arrow said he's dead. So he must have been talking about Derek or who else? He must have been close enough to hear what we were talking about and, without a care, told me straight out what happened to Derek.

My hands were shaking as I covered my mouth in horror. Tears flooded my eyes causing them to cascade down my cheeks.

My heart broke with every second that passed without Archer saying whether Arrow was telling the truth or not.

"'Sup guys? What y'all doing up in here," Bow sauntered in the room, walking up to us. Once he saw me, he freaked out.

"Fable, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He wrapped his arms around me, trying to calm me down.

"Grr," a growl erupted from Archer who was now trying to get Bow to back away from me.

"Stop," I shouted to get Archer to back away from Bow since he was only trying to comfort me whilst who knows what Archer was doing a second ago. Probably dumbfounded that I found out about their little secret he and Arrow had in between them since Bow seems clueless as to what was going on.

"Dude, I was just trying to calm her down. Look at her," he directed his hand in my direction. "Don't you see the tears streaming down her face?"

Archer looked at me with concern and worry. I also saw shame cross his face for a brief moment before he covered it up with his tough mask that shows no emotion at all.

"They killed him," I explained to Bow. "He's gone." I went to hug Bow but an arm pulled me back.

I looked up to see Archer look down at me with accusations and hurt. He looked betrayed because I was willing to go to Bow instead of him.

I glared at him as I pushed his arm away with as much strength as I could possibly muster up.

"Get away from me," I seethed out. Rushing into Bow's arms.

"Who killed what," Bow asked confused, his eyebrows scrunching up with confusion.

"Archer and Arrow. They killed my dad," I bawled my eyes out into Bow's shirt, clutching it as if it were my lifeline at the moment.

"What? No, we didn't," Archer spoke out, now looking as confused as Bow was a while ago. "Derek is still alive. We didn't do anything to him."

I looked at Arrow. "You said he was dead."

Arrow looked perplexed. Eyebrows raised up, lips pursed. "My bad."

"My bad?! My freaking bad?!" My temperature was rising as I repeated what Arrow just said.

"What do you mean," Bow asked walking towards Arrow.

"What's all the yapping about," Griffin asked as he made his way into the room, standing beside Bow and me.

"What did you do," Archer growled out, looking as angry as I was, or perhaps even a tad more, somehow.

"I technically did say 'he's dead'," then he rushed in, waving his hands frantically in front of him. "But I was not talking about Derek."

"Who were you talking about then? Who did you kill," I questioned him.

"I was talking about Griffin."