Chance-29

**Happy New Years everyone! Enjoy 2014 and whatever updates I do today! :) **

"We're so glad you're safe," my mother said and smoothed my hair down before going and hugging Bryce tightly. Our parents hadn’t let us out of their sights since we had rested up and checked on Solara. She had cracked about four ribs, but it could’ve been much worse was what we were told. Sunday was curled up next to me as I wouldn’t let her out of my grasp once we were all in more stable conditions.

"I'm sorry mom."

"We're sorry for not protecting you guys better," my dad sighed, "but it's a miracle that you all have lived through this hell once again."

"Well let it be the last time we have to play games," I replied.

"Mary met someone," Sunday murmured against my chest.

"Who?" I asked turning my head to look at her.

"Some guy named Andrew, he seems nice. He met some of us, and knows about our story."

I sighed, were we always going to have this kind of publicity from people?

"Well I'm glad she's happy with him."

"Me too, they have been signing nonstop for hours now."

Good, I thought, someone who finally can understand America.

"Solara," Bryce said as she began drifting off to sleep again in Bryce’s lap.

"Hmm?" she said half awake.

"Did you really... kill him,"

She cringed at the question and tried to just block it out of her mind; I could only imagine what it was like for her to come to terms with killing someone.

"Solara?" Bryce asked rubbing cheek gently.

"Yes," she replied in barely a whisper, "I killed him. I did it to save her," she pointed at their daughter who was sleeping with her thumb in her mouth. Since when had she started up that habit again?

"Shh, it's okay. We just wanted to know," he said and kissed her deeply, "I would've done the same darling."

"When we get out of here, remind me to never let our daughter buy any dolls."

Bryce chuckled, "I will totally agree with you on that one."

"Is Andrew meeting us for dinner?" I asked Mary as we were heading back to our house for dinner a few days later.

"Yes he said he might be a few minutes late."

"That’s perfectly fine." Sunday added, "we’re just glad to see you happy America."

"Thanks," she patted Shadow's fur, "I really missed you bud."

Shadow whined and licked her hand as if he was saying me too.

"Mommy I'm hungry," Sonya said tugging on Solara’s shirt.

"I know baby, we'll be home soon." She kissed her hair and curled up closer to Bryce in the car.

The doorbell rang right as we had all gotten inside and I went back to open it up to see Andrew holding a bouquet of roses for Mary.

"She'll love them," I approved and let him inside while locking the door behind me.

My parents called us all to the table and we all scrambled to find seating arrangements for the amount of people who were here tonight.

"Let's say grace," their father said as we all grabbed hands, "Lord, thank you for this evening we get to spend with everyone. We're thankful especially for finding America, Solara, and Sonya. Let us grow up to forgive and forget what has happened to us within the past few years, and always know that you will deliver us from evil. Bless this food we are about to eat. Amen."

"Amen!" Sonya called out and everyone couldn't help but laugh at her outburst.

After dinner we all sat around and watched sports before heading up to put Sonya in bed. Bryce and Solara stood in her bedroom looking out the window, just wondering what would become of our lives now.

"She's safe," he said pulling her from the window gently. I heard him say as I walked by towards the bathroom.

"I know," she sighed and flipped on her unicorn nightlight before shutting her door.

"I gotta go you guys," Andrew said as we turned off the television after the game had ended.

"Okay, well it was nice meeting you again," Sunday said and watched as Mary walked him out.

The five of us looked at each other; we would definitely be seeing more of him.