America-21

“You don’t think the dolls would actually follow us do you?” I asked Solara.

“No, they seemed tied up from their nooses,” she shuddered as we sat up against the outside of a tent.

It would be smarter if we just stayed outside to prevent from being trapped in a confined space. Even if we were the only ones here for now… I looked at the night sky; it would be awhile before they found us. Just like last time...

"Maybe Shadow is here. He'll find us," I whispered and laid my head against the tent.

"She's sleepy mommy," Sonya said and patted my hair gently.

"I know sweetie, we will rest soon." She lay down next to us and pulled her daughter in her arms.

"Solara?" I whispered and turned to look at her.

"Hmm?"

"We'll survive right? I mean we've already been through this before."

"Of course we will Mary." She tried to smile, but it came out as a grimace.

It could be worse; I reminded myself as I closed my eyes and curled up in a ball to protect myself from the horror that was lurking around me. If we made it out of here, I was moving far away and making a new identity or something.

"Shh," Sonya put her finger to her lips again and I looked around in fear, not really sure who she was shushing.

"Baby who are you saying that too?" Solara said to her daughter.

She pointed into the dark as I tried to readjust my vision into the darkness.

"What is she looking at Solara?" I asked and jumped when I saw a figure bring their finger up to their lips, mimicking Sonya.

"Run," Solara said as we took off into the park, not looking behind us.

"Who... do you... think that... is," I huffed while running.

"I don't know." She huffed back and pushed me ahead with her daughter so she could make sure we weren't being followed.

I picked Sonya up and held her tightly as we kept trekking through the dusty grounds, trying to not make a sound, but then again I had no idea if I was or not.

Sonya poked my arm and I stopped to see that Solara was farther behind still searching for whatever had been looking at us.

"Solara!" I whispered and started to walk back to where she was.

She turned towards me and began running and screaming at me to run. I looked and saw behind her that there was a man chasing behind her with something in his hand.

Sonya grabbed me tightly as I took off and tried to look for something to slow him down so Solara could catch up with me.

"Stick," Solara pointed at a branch that I stepped on and picked up with my other hand. I pushed us up against a tree and set Sonya down so I could get a better handle on the weapon.

I waited for a few seconds and saw Solara run past us and peered out as discreetly as possible to see how far away the guy was. He was about ten feet from the tree!

I counted to four and launched the stick in his shoulder as he ran past and saw him fall to the ground, holding his arm in pain.

“Shit!” he yelled and ran at me as if it didn’t affect him at all.

“Run Sonya!” I screamed as she ran to her mom and I held my hands up.

“Please! We’re not like him! We were captured,” I cried as he tackled me to the ground and I felt his breath hit my face full force.

“I don’t believe you,” he spoke.

He must have a mental disorder; I thought and struggled as he pulled me against him. I looked up but didn’t see Sonya or Solara. Where had they gone?

I think the guy must have said something because he yanked my face towards his so I could read his lips. “Why aren’t you answering me demon?”

Demon? What the hell? That’s a new one…

“I’m deaf, you idiot,” I said briskly as he continued dragging me over towards a wooden circle that was spinning slowly in the wind. Oh no!

“No! Please don’t!” I screamed as loud as I could before he covered my mouth and banged my head against the wood.

My head was heavy and I became disoriented as he strapped my arms and legs on the panel with leather strips. Boy was I going to be sick…

“Have fun,” he waved as he pushed a button and the wheel began creaking in a slightly quicker rotation.

Besides my vision already being bad, and my mouth covered by duct tape, I felt incredibly dizzy.

‘Please don’t let me throw up,’ I pleaded in my head as I tried to scream through the tape.

The guy snickered and crept away towards the shadows to go in pursuit of Sonya and Solara, who was this man? A victim of Baldy’s or someone worse?

**Sooo another chapter uploade! Let me know if you have any ideas! They'll be much appreciated since I'm rewriting it!**