Chance-6

Obviously whatever America saw was the same as what had just happened here. None of us were entirely sure how he had gotten in without us seeing. Or how Sonya had stayed quiet for so long, but here we were back in the police station talking to Colleen and Jeremy.

Solara had known, and so had Mary, that he would return. Hell even the police had figured that he would at some point. The fact that he knows that Solara had a baby made it even more disturbing. Had he been watching us for these past two years?

Jeremy was trying to get Sonya to tell him what the man looked like, but a two year old can only say so much.

"Sonya, did the man have hair?"

"No."

"Did he walk or talk funny?'

"Um... no? Too dark."

"What did this man say to you?"

Sonya shook her head back and forth before putting a finger to her lips.

"Sweetie," Solara began, "mommy needs you to tell the nice policeman what he told you."

"Secret," she whimpered and pretended to plug her ears.

Jeremy turned to Solara, "had you heard anything on the baby monitor?"

"No, it had been quiet," she trailed and grew really worried, "Sonya did he touch you?"

"Hair," she said pulling at it gently.

My stomach began twisting in knots. This psycho could've harmed Sonya while we were in the house! How does that happen?

"Did he touch you anywhere else?" Colleen whispered.

"No," Sonya whispered back and crawled into Bryce's lap. "Daddy I want Ellie."

Bryce smoothed her hair down, "Ellie is in the car sweetie. We'll get her when we're done."

Mary and Sunday sat silently as the police finished up.

"America what did your dad find?" I said touching her leg gently.

"It was a child's drawing of a man holding a girl. Then it started listing off child's games."

"Was one of them peek a boo?" I asked.

"Yea, it was before hide and seek."

We all looked at each other and knew that he was back to play more child's games.

"What are we going to do?" Sunday whispered.

"Nothing if he's been watching us this closely we'll just have to play his games,"

"Or we could outsmart him," Bryce interjected me.

"But how?" Sunday asked him.

"I don't know yet but only Colleen and Jeremy can know that he's back for revenge. The less who know about him, the easier it will be to end this."