Chapter twenty-two

Start from the beginning

Lucy: "How..?"

Mirajane: "Well it's not okay that the two of you lied but soon this little lie will be over. The problem is that you need to figure out what Natsu's intentions are."

Lucy: "I guess you're right."

She managed to say with a small sniffle. A sly smile escapes my lips as I adjust my glasses and twirl my now short, blue hair with my left index finger. Speaking up I make sure to use a playful snotty tone in confidence.

Mirajane: "Aren't I always?"

And with that simple cocky sentence I got the blonde celestial mage to let out a small laugh. We both exchange smiles before she answers my question and gets up.

Lucy: "Yeah, yeah. Would you like some tea Levy? I brought the herbs from the trip."

Mirajane: "Sure."

I reply as I watch her walk over to her kitchen. Soon she returned with two cups of steaming hot tea. It was nice actually having someone serve something to me for once. It's usually the other way around.

Lucy: "Oh, I almost forgot to turn off the stove. Be right back."

Lucy then walked off back to the kitchen as I sneakily pull out some food poising pills and open one of them up. Sprinkling a small non lethal amount into her drink and quickly stir it up.

Mirajane: "I'm sorry Lucy..."

I say under my breathe as I hide the evidence. To make my plan work I had to get Lucy really sick, that way Natsu for sure would come tomorrow and take care of her. Everything had to work exactly how I wanted it to.

Lucy: "Back."

Mirajane: "Welcome back."

I say before taking a small sip of my tea. That night we talked for hours until I noticed Lucy feeling a little dizzy. I convinced her she was just stressed out and tired, making her rest then leaving her alone at her place.

Now walking down the dark, empty, streets I relax and deactivate my magic spell. My long, white hair and velvet dress with my coat reappeared as I continued to walk.

- the next day -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu's P.O.V.

I watched Happy get rejected once again by Carla and begin laughing. Taking a bite into my buffalo wing I watched the normal guild chaos. Little by little I felt myself get lost in thought.

~~~~~~flashback~~~~~~

Levy: "Okay, about dragon mating season."

Natsu: "Aye."

Levy: " It happens to all dragon slayers."

Natsu: " It does? I thought it was only me. Igneel told me a little about it when I was younger."

Levy: " What exactly did he tell you?"

Natsu: " He just told me I'd act weird until I mated with someone."

Levy: "Wrong. Right but wrong."