Chapter 10

Previously, on Boy or Girl:

Something caught her eye as she turned to see a very old telephone that was set on a cupboard in a hall leading outside. A smile lifted on her lips.

"I found one!"

_____________________________________________________

Yui hurried to the old phone. Placing her school bag that she had unconsciously brought with her down on the counter, Yui fidgeted with the antique box. As like any normal phones, Yui decided to hear if the phone was working so she picked up the handset and placed the receiver close to her ear. Yui's fingers drummed softly against the counter as she waited patiently, her head moving around to see if anyone had followed her.

Purple hair.

Yui gasped as she quickly tried to hide the handset behind her. "Ka-Kanato-kun, you're still here," Yui greeted nervously, her hands slightly trembling from shock and fear.

Kanato gave her a blank look as he held onto Teddy. "Yui-san, don't you understand why I'm here?" Kanato asked, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Eh?"

"I'm thirsty," Kanato answered, knowing how stupid the human in front of him is. He didn't want to waste any time on talking. He stepped closer to Yui, his violet orbs not leaving crimson ones. "So is Teddy." Yui quickly backed away from the sudden movement. Kanato glanced down at his companion. "Teddy, what do you think of Yui-san for being so callous?" Kanato had asked calmly, though from the phrasing of words, it was evident that he was slightly ticked.

"G-gomen," Yui quickly apologized, not wanting to offend the purple-head Sakamaki. She gave Kanato a kind smile. "Here, I'll go buy you something." She look down to face Teddy, apologising to him so as to not offend Kanato, "Gomen ne, Teddy."

"Would you please not address my Teddy as though you know him?" Kanato interrupted with a small tone of irritation as he blankly watched Yui's smile turn into a thin line. "I am the only advisor he needs." He glanced down at Teddy as his tone softened, "Isn't that right, Teddy?"

"O-oh, I didn't know," Yui answered awkwardly, her whole body still tensed in alert like a prey waiting for the attack of the predator. "Anyway, I'll be right back," Yui quickly gave an excuse and turned around, rushing away from Kanato as she took deep breaths to calm her palpitating heart.

Kanato watched the leaving figure of the blonde as he tightened his hold on Teddy. 'She still dosen't get it, does she?'

________________________

Chapter 10

________________________

Yui carefully held out a cup of coffee that she had bought from a vending machine in the school to Kanato. "Here, I brought you coffee." A sudden swing of an arm caused the scorching hot drink to spill on Yui's hands as she quickly released the cup out of the sudden stinging pain. "Ah!" Yui yelped. The contents of the coffee spilt and created a puddle on the ground as the paper cup rolled before stopping.

"I prefer things that are sweet!" Kanato shouted angrily, his eyebrows arched down as his teeth gritted. "I hate things that are bitter, like coffee! Why can't you see that?!"

Yui cradled her hands as she tried to soothe the pain. She looked back at Kanato with a helpless expression. "That's not a reason to throw it on the floor," Yui reasoned timidly.

"Don't talk back to me!" Kanato roared again, causing the girl to flinch back in fear. "You are worthless and have no right!"

"G-gomenasai..." Yui replied helplessly, taking a step back.