Chapter 8

Previously, on Boy or Girl:

The book slowly slipped out of Yui's grasp as she sat there in a daze. 'I-it's blank!'

___________________________________

Takashi grumbled as he dried up his hair, complaining about not getting a comfortable bath before dinner to Yui as she sat on the bed, listening to his complaints about Laito. She had enter into the room stealthily and when Takashi called her, she jumped. Takashi ignored that and started telling her what happened. After a long time of complaining, Takashi finally calmed down and was sitting peacefully on the bed as the quiet atmosphere surrounded the two siblings. Yui turned to the clock. 6.30. "We better get ready for dinner," Yui said, standing up and heading to the closet since she was still in her uniform. As she was about to head to the bathroom, Takashi quickly grabbed her wrist, causing her to turn to Takashi with a questioning look. Takashi stared at Yui with a serious expression.

"Change here." Yui sighed, knowing that nothing can change his decision.

"Hai hai, Taka-kun. But, can you let go, please?" Yui asked politely. Takashi realised that his grip was hurting Yui and quickly released her, putting his hands behind his back as his stern look changed into a guilty one.

"G-gomen," Takashi apologised, turning his back towards her.

"It's fine, Taka-kun. I know you're just worried. Just don't do it again," Yui said, unbuttoning her uniform as she removed her shirt.

"O-okay. Got it," Takashi replied awkwardly, playing with his fingers.

"Oh yeah, do you have your phone?" Yui asked, removing her inner wear.

Takashi's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh yeah! They never did do anything with my phone. I'm a moron," Takashi grumbled, whipping out the phone in his pocket as Yui giggled at her brother's antics.

"So?" Yui asked, drying her body as she started to put on the first clothing.

Takashi sighed. "No luck, can't get a signal. It's no use. Should've realised that we are in the middle of nowhere," he replied.

"You can turn around now," Yui said, gathering all her clothing as she placed them away in a laundry bag that contains all her other dirty clothing. "Ok, let's go down. The others are waiting for us to have dinner."

Takashi's eyes gleamed. "Takoyaki!" Yui giggled and opened the door, letting the drooling ravenette pass through before turning off the lights and closing the door.

Everyone sat straight up in their seats by the rectangular dinner table. On one side was, following an order: Kanato, Laito, Ayato, and Yui. Across from Yui, was Shu, and beside him was Takashi, followed by Subaru, and lastly Reiji. There was a seat at the head of the table that remained empty. The hall was filled with silence, only the occasional sound of utensils clinking and eating could be heard. Everyone was eating elegantly, well, except for Yui and Shu who did not touch their food and Takashi who was trying to eat properly but failing. Yui looked at the brothers with a troubled expression as she sighed. Each had the same food items. Steak, soup, a glass of wine, fish, bread etc. She watched the motionless Shu and frowned at the missing interactions between the brothers. Everyone had changed into a much casual wear. Ayato had a brown scarf around his neck with a white undershirt and a black outer jacket. Laito had his usual fedora, but his black coat had changed to a dark green jacket with a beige-coloured inner side. He had a button up shirt inside with a loose tie hanging from the collar and brown pants that reached a little past his knees. Kanato had his typical male loli outfit that was long sleeved and had a ribbon tied around his collar. Reiji had a more casual but still butler-looking outfit with a white button up shirt on the inside and a grey sleeveless coat on the outside. Subaru had a dark magenta inner shirt and a black outer jacket with his usual necklace hung around his neck. Takashi had a white undershirt and a red and black plaited shirt that was worn over as an outer coat. Shu had a dark green undershirt but was mostly covered by his thin blue-green sweater with his earphones plugged into his ears.