twenty-one

"Liz, where are we?" James asked the handheld camera Dean had given him to use while we were in America. He turned the camera to me, and I grinned at it.

"Well, Jamesie, we are at the airport." I said, swinging our hands between us.

"Jamesie?" James asked, raising his eyebrows at me. I shrugged, and James squinted at me.

"Well, Lizzie, I think I see a forraging Bradley from afar, let us approach him cautiously." James said in a weird voice. I laughed and he turned the camera to face Brad, who had also seen us and did the same. James and I dragged our suitcases behind us to the ticket line, where we joined Brad and soon met with Tristan, Connor, Dean, and Joe. We got all of our luggage checked and headed to security.

"Want me to hold your shoes?" James asked. I handed him my white high-tops and blushed down at my socks, which had little kitties on them. There was sniggering behind me and I shot Connor and Brad a look, but ended up laughing along.

"Okay, you're up." Joe said, nodding at James and I. We put our things in buckets and went through the metal detectors, before taking seats and putting our shoes back on while the boys followed suit.

"Let's go to America!" Tristan said loudly, and the boys all cheered while I giggled, my hand brushing James'. James slid our fingers together and traced his thumb over my palm, my bag bouncing on my hip and our elbows bumping between us. The airport was overwhelming and busy, and so I mostly stayed very close to James to avoid running into anyone. We found our gates and sat in open seats together, and somehow ended up playing Gin Rummy with some cards Tristan had brought. After I kicked their asses four times, our flight got called.

"Ready for a long trip?" Joe asked us as we found our seats, the boys and I in the center row while Dean and Joe sat together in a two seat row next to us.

"Dibs on sitting by James." I said tiredly, considering it was still only seven in the morning. Everyone laughed and made sarcastic commented, but I tuned them I climbed into my seat by James. I was so tired I just put my head on his shoulder and James laughed, buckling my seatbelt for me.

"Stay awake until we take off, babe." James said, chuckling. I nodded, forcing myself to stay awake for another fourty minutes until we took off into the sky, when James finally let me curl up under his arms and got to sleep.

~

"Liz, wake up Darling." I heard somewhere far away. Someone shook my shoulder and I opened my eyes, blinking and stretching realising we were no longer moving and people were restlessly waiting to exit the plane. James was grinning down at me.

"You talk in your sleep." James pointed out while I pulled out my compact and checked my hair and makeup.

"What'd I say?" I asked. James and Tristan exchanged a look, chuckling.

"Mostly you talked about how cute I was and how badly you wanted a kitten, as well as how excited you were to be in America." James filled in, grinning.

"And what did I say that will be held against me for the rest of my life?" I asked, knowing that wasn't all I'd said. Tristan burst out laughing and smiled knowingly at me.

"Only how sexy you think I am." James added, and I hid my head in my hands, my face heating up.

"Oh, god! I'm so embarrassed." I gasped, making both boys laugh.

"Nobody's telling you that you're wrong, love." James joked, and I shoved him in the side.

"Whatever, if you talked in your sleep I'm sure the boys would know a lot more about me than I said." I teased, and Tristan ooed. James blushed and made a face at me, which I returned before kissing his cheek.