thirteen

"Rise and shine, lovebirds!" Brad called, knocking on the door and waking me from my trance. I heard the knob jiggling and jolted awake, leaning over the bed and grabbing James' arm, shaking him harshly.

"James, get in the bed." I muttered.

"What?" He rolled over, half asleep and very confused.

"Get in the damn bed, Brad is about to break the door down." I said, panicked. James jumped to his feet, tossing his pillow and blanket onto the bed. I arranged it so it looked like he was in the bed and James pulled off his shirt, tossing it to the side and unlocking the door, groggily rubbing his eyes.

"Morning, man." James yawned, standing in front of the open door. I slowly pulled myself out of bed and walked up behind them, wrapping my blanket around myself and rubbing my eyes with my fists and standing behind James.

"Well aren't you precious?" Brad cooed, earning a sleepy glare from James and I both. He laughed and shook his head at us. "Anyway, it's almost ten and we thought we should get you two up. Sorry to break up the snuggling." Brad teased.

"Oh, stuff it." James groaned, hitting the air in front of Brad. Brad laughed and shook his head at us again, walking off.

"You up for some breakfast?" James asked, yawning and stretching his arms over his head.

"Sure." I agreed, doing the same and handing James his shirt again. He chuckled, pulling it on and following me downstairs. We went to the kitchen in silence, and I made us some fruit and oatmeal, which we brought to the living room. James and I snuggled up together on the couch, draping a blanket over our laps. Brad was on the armchair sipping tea and reading the newspaper like a proper bloke, and Tristan was off playing the drums in the garage, and Connor was off doing something somewhere.

"You two look sweet." Brad commented while I stole a piece of pineapple from James' bowl and ate it.

"Oh, screw off Brad." I grumbled, earning a laugh. James stole one of my strawberries as payback and chewed it in my face pointedly. I frowned at him, resting my head on his shoulder and taking a bite of my oatmeal. James and I silently ate our brekke while Brad messed around with his phone, then flicked on the tele and watching some reruns.

Tristan entered not much later, awwing at James and I and sitting on the other end of the couch, sipping on a water bottle. Connor joined not long after, clearly just out of the shower. He chatted to me politely, asking about work and whatnot, and eventually James detangled himself from me to go take a shower while I went and washed the dishes. By the time I was finished James was already done as well, wearing his new cutoffs and a white tank top, some Vans on his feet.

"Here's a towel, we have shampoo and stuff in the bathroom." James offered, handing me a towel. I grinned, hugging it to my chest and heading upstairs, entering James' bathroom and hopping in the shower after making sure the door was locked. I cleaned off and rinsed out my hair, then turned off the hot water and dried my hair and body, before entering James' room again and getting changed. The clothes I'd packed were some denim dungarees and a fitted red and white polka dot crop top, along with some frilly white socks and white Keds. I did my hair up so it was in waves and put a bandana wrap around my head. I did some light makeup and headed down the stairs, flopping onto the couch between James and Tristan, who both grinned at me.

"You look cute." James said, smiling at me. I smiled back, thanking him with my eyes and resting my hand on his leg.

"Want to go for a walk or something? We don't have anything to do today." James grumbled. I shrugged.

"Sure, where to?" I asked. James thought for a minute and then looked to Tristan.

"How long of a drive is the place we're filming the Brokenhearted cover at?" James asked. Tristan thought for a moment and then shrugged.