nineteen

"But it's always someone else's fault. Got you wrapped around my finger babe, you can count on me to misbehave." I sang along to the music playing from my laptop.

"Marina and the Diamonds?" James asked, sitting down next to me. I blushed at the fact that he'd heard me singing. Nodding, I continued to update the bakery's webpage as well and organize the new menu and design patterns, which I'd sketched and uploaded to my laptop.

"Those are really cool." James said, pointing to the designs. I groaned and wrinkled my nose.

"Something is hopelessly wrong with the Bananas and Creme design, but I can't work it out." I sighed, clicking on the design, which was still wrong. James shrugged, looking at it for a while.

"I like it." He said simply.

"But I don't." I countered. "And this is my career, I can't settle for anything less than my best. Would you perform if you didn't know the chords or the words?" I asked. James seemed to realize what I meant when I said that and looked back at the design.

"Well, you do a lot of flowers in your designs, what if you did something different this time?" James suggested. I nodded, clicking through my designs.

"What about... leopard print?" I asked. James looked over at me.

"Why leopard print?" James wondered.

"It's the right colours for the cupcake and icing flavours that we're using, because the cupcakes are vanilla creme, and the icing is creme, banana, and vanilla. The banana is a deepish brown, the vanilla is pale brown, and the creme is beige." I explained, clicking on the colour swatches and showing them to James.

"That would actually be pretty sweet." James said. "That cupcake joke was unintended." He added, and I giggled, grabbing my sketchbook and small baggy of pencils.

"It was cute, though. You get bonus boyfriend points for that." I said, seeing Tristan in the front hall from the corner of my eyes.

"When do I get to cash my boyfriend points in?" James asked with a smirk, wrapping his arms around my waist and putting his head in the crook of my neck.

"Hm, whenever I decide you have enough." I replied, ignoring him and starting to draw some leopard print on the paper to the best of my abilities.

"What about that bet I won when we were at the studio! I get whatever I want from you." James said, grinning excitedly.

"What is it that you want?" I asked. James thought for a second while I drew, pressing the pencils gently on the paper.

"I want to be your taste tester for these cupcakes." James gave me a cheeky grin, a kiss on the cheek, and ran off to the garage to rehearse with the boys. I shook my head, smiling at how silly James was. After a few minutes I'd gotten a small drawing of leopard print that I liked. I scanned it into my laptop and made the stencils for the fondant as well as placed the orders for the fondant ingredients and flavouring. Deciding that was enough work for one day and that Harper would be happy with it, I put my things away and went onto Twitter.

@ElizabethW01: Just finished making some cute new cupcake designs, if you love sweets pay a visit to Sweet Temptations in London! I think @TheVampsBand will attest that the sweets are quite good ;)

I tweeted, scrolling through my notifications and seeing lots of tweets telling me they loved James and I together, some telling me I was their idol and was gorgeous, which I favourited or replyed to. A lot called me ugly or a try hard as well, and sometimes I'd reply politely telling them to find something better to do with their time. I moved to Instagram, liking a few pictures when the doorbell interrupted me from my transe.