46- Busy Days

Percy's POV

"You have interviews starting at 10. Then, a soundcheck and prep at 4 p.m. Then, the show will start at 7 p.m," Grover reminded me for the third time of the night.

"I think I already have it memorized, Grover," I commented. We were in our hotel room in Tokyo, Japan. The third stop of the tour. It felt like it's been a week of touring, but it's already been a month and a half. Time flies by when you're having fun, I guess.

"I'm just saying," Grover raised his hands in the air. "Oh, set your alarm clock, by the way. I don't want to waste money calling Sally or Annabeth to wake your ass up."

"Yeah, yeah," I said, taking out my phone. "I'll do it...later." I saw Grover shake his head.

I dialed a number I knew by heart. No one picked up on the first call. I tried again, and still no luck. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

"No answer?" Grover looked at me with empathy. I dejectedly shook my head. "That's been the sixth time this week. Not to mention, you missed some of her calls too." I stayed silent. "Look, Percy. I know it's hard, but the feeling you get once you see her again will be worth it."

-

"Sorry, I couldn't answer yesterday," Annabeth said. From my screen, she looked like she was in her room. Her hair was tied up with strands framing her face. Her neck gleamed with the necklaces. "I was busy as always."

"I'm sorry, too. I was busy too," I muttered. "But, hey. At least, we're talking now."

She nodded. "Seaweed Brain...We've barely talked for a week. It's only been a month and a half, since you've been gone. And what about a year?"

"Wise Girl, we're just busy. You're busy with your 'mandatory' meetings and college, while I'm busy with my career-"

"Exactly. We barely talk-"

"But we're talking now!" I yelled. Her eyes grew wide. I sighed. "Sorry... I just... I just want this to work."

"Me too," she whispered. "I was just being practical."

"Of course. Always being realistic, huh?" I said. She gave a small smile.

Something felt different. It felt awfully less energetic. We don't have much to talk about to each other. Yes, we could talk about our day, but it's always going to lead to the same topic: meetings and shows. I felt lost.

Her phone rang. When she looked at it, a small smile seemed to creep up her face. Or it was just in my head.

"Hold on. Mark is calling."

There it is again. Mark. Why is Annabeth interrupting our video chat for Mark? Is he more important than me? I thought.

"What?" Annabeth asked, looking at me. She forgotten about her ringing phone. Even through the screen, I could feel her intense gray eyes. "What did you say?"

Fuck. Did I say it out loud? I cursed.

"Percy, what do you have against Mark?"

"Nothing...nothing," I quickly said.

"No, Percy. I heard what you said. Tell me."

"It's nothi-" I kept denying even though I knew it was useless.

"Tell m-"

"He likes you, okay?" I said. Once I said it, it sounded so stupid of me.

"So? You're scared or jealous that I'm going to like him too?"

"No...maybe... I don't know," I said in frustration. She only shook her head at me.

"That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard," was her reply.

Annabeth's POV

The taste of lemonade danced around my mouth. Piper, Hazel, Thalia, Calypso, and I sat in Piper's room. It suddenly felt like I was back in the sleepover before we went to Montauk.

"I'm having a party on Friday," Piper announced. Thalia raised her eyebrows.

"For what?" Thalia asked.

"It's summer. Next month people are starting to leave for college or other stuff. I want a last get-together type of thing," Piper explained.

"That was kind of late. Percy's already out," Hazel replied. She gave me glance as if she was checking on me.

"I know, but besides him."

"Yeah, I agree with Piper," Thalia spoke up. We all looked at her weirdly. Since when did Thalia agree to anything Piper proposed?

"What?" Thalia asked us. "This party will prevent me from going to the airport to say goodbye everytime one of us leaves."

"Good point," Calypso said. "Thalia, where's Jason going?"

"He'll spend time with dad, and he's planning to be a pilot. What about Leo?"

"Leo said he'll take a gap year. We're going to travel around the world first," Calypso replied. Hazel gave a sigh.

"Will it just be us and the guys?" Hazel asked. Piper looked at her like she was crazy.

"No, of course not. That's a small party, then. We'll invite some of the people from school!"

--------------------------------------------
Sorry this chapter was not as good as my other chapters. I got a brain freeze while I was writing this.

Anyway, I went to take the sorting quiz in Pottermore. I might have cheated... I did. I took it three times. Haha. For my first test, I got Hufflepuff and Thunderbird. My second test, I got Hufflepuff and Pukwudgie. My last test, I got Ravenclaw and Pukwudgie. I settled with the last one. Now, I feel guilty though! I like Ravenclaw, but I got Hufflepuff twice! So I don't really know. I guess I'm a Huffleclaw?!

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope all of you stay till the very end, which is soon. If you have any questions, cc, or suggestions, feel free to comment.

I do not own any of the characters except for Mark and David.

Vote and comment 💙

- Brainy_dolphin<3