31- Accepted

Annabeth's POV

Gift wraps? Check. Ribbons? Check. Scissor? Check. Tape? Check. Gifts? Check. I'm ready to start wrapping gifts, I thought.

The thing is I only bought gifts for everyone else, except Percy. It's hard to give him a gift. Whenever I asked him what he wanted, he'd respond with "Nothing," or something cheesy like, "I already have everything I want and need: you". He never gave me a hint to what he wanted.

The day I went to his house for dinner, Sally had said that when Percy was little, he had a music box. She forgot what song used to play, since the music box broke a long time ago. It gave me the idea to get him a new music box. Not an ordinary one. A customized one. The thing was that I needed to find a person who could customize it for me and finish it in a week. Christmas is next week, I suddenly panicked at the thought.

I grabbed my phone and dialed a familiar number. I knew just the person who could do it.

I waited until he picked up. "Hello? Leo?"

There was rattling through the phone. "Hey, Annabeth. What made you call Leo the amazing and handsome?"

"And humble too," I muttered. I heard a snort.

"I heard that," he said. "So, what's up?"

"Do you think you can customize a music box for me by next week?"

"Definitely. Never say never. Tell me what you want on it," he said with enthusiasm.

-

After I made the arrangements with Leo, I got my hands busy with wrapping gifts. I even played Christmas music.

I looked at the pile of gifts and counted how many I've wrapped. Piper, Jason, Hazel, Frank, Leo, Connor, Travis, Nico, Thalia, Juniper, Sally and Paul, Helen, Bobby, Matthew, and Dad. So...15.

I glanced at the pencil kit laid aimlessly out on the floor. That's supposed to be Mom's gift. I didn't know what she wanted. I had to choose between that or a coffee mug that said Best Mom! Merry Christmas! I didn't have much of a choice. Besides, she would use the pencils more for work. I don't think we'd both appreciate a mug that reminded us of her leaving me. It would be an insult to her and a mockery. Imagine us sitting on a table eating breakfast, while she sips from that mug with those words staring back at me.

Those thoughts quickly went away when I heard a knock on the door. I quickly hid the pencil kit under my bed, then opened the door.

Mom stood there with sad eyes, but forced a smile to play on her lips. "Someone's here to see you."

I gave a confused look. No one would come here for me. Percy wouldn't. He learned about his father and my mother's old rivalry, and we thought it would be better to keep it separately. Other than Thalia, I don't know who else would come here.

I scrambled down the staircase. Mom lead me to the kitchen where Bobby, Matthew, Helen and Dad were sitting.

Our eyes lit up as we all stared at each other. They aren't supposed to be here till the day before Christmas eve, I said to myself.

I gave them a big group hug, and from the corner of my eye, I saw Mom walk outside the kitchen door, but I was too wrapped up on the fact that my family was here.

"What are you doing here?!" I said in shock. Helen and Dad broke away from the hug, while Matthew and Bobby clung on me. "I thought you're coming the day before Christmas eve!"

"We wanted to surprise you!" Helen said. Bobby and Matthew released me. Their grins as wide as a boat. Dad rested his hand on his luggage.

"Where are you staying?" My smile faltered.

"Athena's letting us stay here. In one of the guest rooms," Dad said, his eyes sparkled with gratitude.

I excused myself and went to the living room, where Mom had her papers laid out on the coffee table. I wrapped my arms around her.

"Thank you," I whispered. She was still from shock for a moment and then hugged me too.

I didn't accept her for leaving me, but she accepted the new family I lived with after she left with welcoming arms. She didn't push them away like I did to her. For a moment, a part of me started to accept her too.

Percy's POV

I nervously stood outside the terminal
gate, wearing my hat and sunglass, lamely waving around a sign that said: Tyson from Greece.

Surely, there can't be another Tyson from Greece, right? I thought.

I stood outside the terminal for 20 minutes before seeing the familiar tall stature and brown hair in the distance.

"Tyson!" I called out, raising the sign higher and waving it aggressively. I didn't care if people started to take interest in me. I just wanted him to see me and quickly drive home.

He searched for my voice until his eyes found mine. He flashed a big grin, and his eyes twinkled. He quickly came up to me, his luggage in tow.

"Hello, brother! Nice to see you again!" He said, giving me a bone-crushing hug.

I laughed. "Good to see you too, buddy. How was your flight?"

He stretched his arms. "The seats were okay. I was cramped up in there, but there was a nice and pretty girl next to me."

"Really?" I smirked. We started walking towards  the parking lot- to my car. "What's her name?"

"Ella. Ella's very nice. And pretty, too. Ella gave me her number," he said, his eyes looking dazed. "How are you, brother? How's your break from..." He looked around, as if someone was spying on us. "...the show business?"

"I'm doing good. Still have to hide myself, though. But I want you to meet someone," I said, a little smile played on my lips. His eyes glittered with interest. I started the car up and drove home.

--------------------------------------------
Tyson and Annabeth's family are here!

I went to Costco a while ago, and they sold books. This time, every book that I had on my TBR was on there. There was a table on the far end of the book section, and it was filled with Hammer of Thor! It had stacks on stacks of Rick's new book. I didn't buy one, though. Sadly. I wasn't interested in it.

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you stay and read this book until the end. Thank you for the love and support all of you give! Love you!

I appreciate every single comment you guys put here. Feel free to leave down a comment. Tell me how I can improve my writing. Comments help me grow as a writer.

Vote and comment 💙

-Brainy_dolphin <3