38- Truly Madly Deeply

Annabeth's POV

Juniper sighed. "Did you see his eyes? Oh my gods, Annabeth. They were perfect. The way he talked too. He sounded so professional, but at the same time very chill."

The trip home in Juniper's car felt longer than normal. She kept ranting on and on about Grover and her feelings for him. She only met him for less than 30 minutes, and she says that she already have "strong feelings for him". I felt more like an adult, while Juniper took the teenager card. Although she's still around her early 20's, she still acts like a tween girl over her crush would.

Once I arrived in the penthouse and took the elevator to my section, Mom was already there. She was sitting on the couch and looked like she was waiting for me.

She rushed towards me. "I'm sorry, Annabeth. I-I didn't mean to. My actions just got better of me. I'm very sorry."

I weakly smiled at her. Although I was still hurt by what she did, I was too tired to argue. From Rachel kissing Luke to this, today has been tiresome day. I don't think I want to keep my heart hurting more than it already was.

I hesitantly took her hand. "It's fine, Mom. I'm fine," I reassured her. She nodded.

"I've talked to Helen and Frederick about this, and ... I'd like to give Percy Jackson a chance. After all, it was his father that I had a rivalry with. Not Percy," She said. I smiled.

At least she understands, I thought.

-

"Have you seen Percy?" I whispered to Jason, who was busy with his lunch tray.

He shook his head. "I thought he was with you. Last time I saw him was he was at his locker."

I nodded. "Thanks, anyway."

Where is he?, I asked myself. I started to get anxious and nervous of what he'll do. Ever since he started saying that he'll tell Goode about his true identity, I've been on my toes. He never told me when and how. He just told me he will.

I felt a hand on my arm. I looked to my left. Thalia was looking at me worriedly.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded. "If you were wondering, he's up on the stage."

"What?" I asked. She pointed with her fork towards the stage. The stage that's used to "entertain". And sure enough, Percy- I mean, Peter-  was up on the stage with his guitar and sunglasses.

"Annabeth," Piper said cautiously. "You don't think..." Travis, Connor, Leo, Frank, Hazel, Thalia, Nico, and Jason looked at me with knowing looks, but all I can give them was silence. They knew what he was going to do.

I can't let him do this, I said to myself. I got up and started fast-walking towards the stage. Since the stage was a bit high up, I could only reach his leg.

I tapped on his leg. "Percy," I whispered. "Don't do this."

He got down on his knees to get closer to me. "Trust me," was all he said. He kissed my forehead, then turned away to test his microphone.

"Percy... Percy... Percy!" I hissed quietly, but he was already tapping on his microphone. I went back to the table.

"No use," I said. "He didn't listen to me."

"He's doing it for you," a voice behind me said. I turned around and Calypso stood there with a small smile on her face.

"I know he is," I said. Calypso took my hand. I tried not to look at her awkwardly, but I couldn't help it after what she'd done.