Chapter 25 - Part 2 of 2

Start from the beginning

"I don't hate you." I told them looking down at the table.  "I'm angry."

No one spoke for awhile when my grandmother finally decided to speak, "If I don't try now, I will miss out even more on the best thing that ever happened."

With her statement I thought of Blake, if I didn't tell him the truth or that I love him...I could miss out on the best thing in my life.

"Everything else was always more important than any one of us..." I told them, regarding to our family as much as Justin's.  "…and now what?  You see everything differently?" I asked.

"I see my mistakes.  Amanda...we are far from being perfect, probably far from being good decent people but I hope one day, you'll give us one more chance to prove it to you." She said while I saw my grandfather squeezed her hand.

I had been waiting so long for this moment.  I had wished for it, hoped for it, even cried over it since I was little because I thought I had done something wrong.  Now here they were saying it was their fault and asking me for a chance.

I took a deep breath, "You're my grandparents... since I was little I wanted to know you...but that was a long time ago.  I'm really...angry and it's going to take more than a little time but... I'll try." I told them.  That was the best I could do, try and let go of the past errors and hope for something good in the future.

"Thank you." My grandfather said while my grandmother had a big smile across her face.

I nodded my head while getting up from the kitchen table.

"May I give you a hug?" My grandmother asked me.

I was caught off guard and I didn't know how to respond or what to do.  If I followed my head, the answer was simple, no.  I wasn't a huge fan of hugs from people I didn't know, whether we were related or not.  The fact that I was angry on top of that didn't help at all.  I knew my parents wanted me to be polite but they would also want me to be myself.

"Um..." Was all that came out.

"Some other time." My grandfather said with a small smile.

Their face expression showed that they were disappointed but at least I wasn't disrespectful towards them.

My grandmother nodded her head, giving me a sign she understood.

"I'll see you both later." I told them and left the kitchen.