Extravagance

HERE IS YOUR NEW CHAPTER which is a little late I'm sorry about that. Hope you enjoy.

James Buchannan Barnes didn't know what to expect from the house of Tony Stark, a man so hideously wealthy that everybody in America knew his name. He had anticipated extravagance, but he had never imagined anything of this monstrous size. The elevator alone was the size of a comfortable family room and was coated in a pristine mirror that shone his astonished reflection back at his face from every angle. 

"Close your mouth, Buck," Steve placed a reassuring hand on his friend's shoulder, "You'll catch flies."  

Bucky rolled his eyes at Steve's jibe, but closed his mouth anyway, wringing his hands together in front of him nervously. Steve had got to Erin's flat within ten minutes and immediately phoned Stark. Before he had a chance to explain their predicament, Tony had instructed them to come to Stark Tower and speak to him personally. Apparently he 'didn't like being told things over the phone.'

Bucky already hated him. 

The pair had driven the supposedly four-hour journey from Washington DC to the centre of New York in under two and had practically sprinted to the tower. They weren't sure what to expect from Stark, he had the tendency to only help with things if they somehow benefited him in the long run. Bucky supposed he would just have to try to convince him. He could be very convincing at times. 

He clenched his fist as the elevator stopped and an incredibly well-elocuted voice spoke through the microphone system at them. 

"Mister Rogers, Mister Barnes. Tony Stark will see you now."

"Thank you, Jarvis."

Bucky raised an eyebrow at Steve as they walked out into a large room, furnished with uncomfortable-looking metal furniture. 

"Jarvis?"

Steve hid a snort. 

"You get used to it." He placed his hands in his pockets as he walked forwards.

"Tony!"

Bucky looked up at the direction Steve shouted and saw a man walking towards them. He was surprisingly short, given the seemingly natural confidence he exuded as he strode towards them, hands in his pockets. He was wearing loose fitting dark jeans and a faded Rolling Stones T-shirt, a light blue circle of light glowing from his chest. 

Bucky had done his research, he knew what that was. 

"Capsicle," Tony greeted Steve like an old friend, clapping him on the shoulder and smiling. Bucky, on the other hand, he looked at with ice. 

"This is the infamous 'Winter Soldier'?" 

Bucky tensed up. He hadn't heard that name in a while, but it still sent a shard of ice down his spine.

"I don't do that stuff anymore," he responded coolly, staring deep into Tony's eyes, brown on blue. Tony was the first to look away, and it gave him a small sense of pride. 

Stark turned around and walked away from them, gesturing them to follow. 

"So what's up?"

The billionaire plonked himself down on a chair and picked a tumbler of whisky off the table in front of him, pouring himself a large glass and leaning back as he took a deep sip. Steve took a seat as well, but Bucky remained stood. He was too uptight to sit, too worried. It had been at least four hours since he had discovered Erin missing. With the technology that HYDRA possessed, it wasn't beyond imagination to think that she had already reached Poland. Every second counted.