Aftercare ft. an Assassin

I'm really sorry if you're squeamish, because this chapter is pretty bloody. Hope you enjoy, nonetheless, and please give this story a vote or a comment if you're liking it x (Attached with this chapter is a photo of Jon Bernthal i.e. what Colonel Pine looks like). Also, don't worry if you're getting a tad bored of all the constant torture scenes (I'm nothing if not a sadist to my characters) because things are going to start getting INTERESTING soon) x

"Have you reconsidered the topic of our conversation yesterday?"

Erin closed her eyes, sighing inwardly to herself. She was lying on her back on the single mattress, her hands folded on top of her stomach. She still ached slightly from the beating that she had received beforehand, and wasn't looking forwards to it being repeated. She groggily opened her eyes and turned her head to the side, squinting at the tall form of Colonel Pine which swaggered through the door. He closed it quietly behind him. So he didn't have his henchmen with him today. That was good. 

Hopefully.

Erin sighed dramatically, pushing herself up from the mattress to look at him with disdain. Her eyes wandered to his left hand, from which hung a rickety looking chair and in his right hand he was grasping a large bundle of rope.

Maybe this wasn't going to be as easy as she had expected.

"No." She answered his original question, groaning slightly as she stood up, her limbs protesting at the movement, "Take That are a fantastic band. You should really see them in concert. It would probably change your perspective."

She had a smug sense of satisfaction at the fact that the Colonel's eyes rolled slightly in annoyance at her response but it disappeared pretty quickly as he slammed the wooden chair down on the floor and strode towards her, a malicious glint in his eyes. She took a step backwards, automatically bringing her hands up in front of her in a guard stance. Two years of JuJitsu classes when she was eight probably wouldn't help her now but she may as well give it a try.

Pine's lip quirked into a grimace of a smile, the scar on his face seeming to move independently to the rest of his skin. He was bigger than Erin. Much bigger and at least twice her weight. It was impossible for her to overpower him and he knew it. He grabbed her left arm, his large hand easily encircling her bicep, and she tried to yank it backwards but to no avail. Erin brought her leg up with the intention of kicking him in the stomach but Pine stepped forwards, effectively trapping it in between their bodies. With his left hand ,he grabbed both of her wrists and with his right hand he took hold of her hair, pulling it back harshly, almost tugging the follicles from their sockets. He led her to the chair despite her protestations and foul language and thrust her down on it with such brute strength that the legs creaked in protest. She tried to get up but he made fast work of tying her ankles to the legs of the chair, before walking around and tying her arms uncomfortably behind her.

Erin began to panic. She had managed to stay relatively calm during the initial part of her interrogation but this was different. She was unable to move, her entirety left at Pine's disposal. A small part of the back of her brain whispered that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to give him what he wanted. Surely, if she told him the formula for M.F.C.T.S, this would all be over? She shook her head imperceptibly. No. Her formula was invented to help protect people and she had no doubts in her mind that if it got into Pine's hands, that would be the opposite of what would happen.

He finished tying her wrists together, the rope digging into the sensitive skin there but Erin kept a straight face as he walked back around to the front of the chair and bent down, his face inches from hers.

"You know what I want, Erin."

He smelt of spearmint. Someone, thankfully, brushed their teeth this morning. Erin looked upwards, refusing to make eye contact with him. He placed one of his hands on her shoulder, the warmth from him seeping in through her pink shirt to her freezing skin.