Cut That Sexual Tension With A Knife

Erin spent longer than she had planned in Doctor Kennedy's front room. He had been more interested than she had imagined about 'James', the man she had told him was currently staying on her sofa. According to Kennedy, it was a 'vast improvement' that she trusted somebody enough to let them stay over at her house. It meant that she was starting to open up to people again after the incident in Poland. She had to smile to herself at that. Sure, she had been apprehensive of Bucky's motives when he had first come to ask her for help, but she couldn't help but feel that the pair of them had grown insurmountably closer during the weeks that they had spent together.

One big difference was that she didn't lock her bedroom door anymore. It wasn't that Bucky had told her she didn't need to, she had just felt it. After that night, when he had asked her to find out things about his past that he would have been better off not knowing, Erin had made it her mission to try her best to get him back to where he was before HYDRA. To get him back to living as a regular functioning human. She had attempted, though well or not she couldn't tell, to exude an air of normalcy. That had been her plan when she had left him that note this morning and sneaked past his sleeping form on the couch to get outside. The more independence and trust she gave him, the quicker it would be until he got back on his feet.

And once he was recuperated...

What would happen? Would he leave her and go and live his own life, free from anything that would remind him of his time with HYDRA? Erin knew that that was her end goal, to make him better, but there was a tiny part of her that wasn't sure if she wanted to let him go.

By the time that she left the Doctor's office, it was almost six O'Clock and Erin had to basically jog to get home before the streets went dark. she reached her flat block at half six and jogged up the stairs until she reached the door. She was just about to open it and walk in with a cheery 'I'm home!' when she froze, her hand hovering over the handle. There were shouts coming from inside.

"You bastard!" That voice was definitely Bucky's, infuriated and angry. Erin's eyebrow's rose. Who was inside with him? Had HYDRA finally found them?

There was another voice. A man's, slightly lower, but with a similar accent.

"I'm gonna kill you, Barnes."

Her heart stopped mid-beat, and almost without realising, she pulled out the short dagger that she kept hidden beneath the waistband of her black skinny jeans. If Bucky was in trouble, the least she could do was try to help out. She wasn't going down without a fight.

"Fuck," The muttered grunt came from Bucky. Erin shook her head at the ridiculousness of her plan, as if she could fight off a guy that was giving the Winter Soldier a hard time, and burst through the door, knife in hand.

What she had expected to see was a man she didn't know, wrapped up in a fight with Bucky, punches being thrown and blood being spilt. What she wasn't expecting was to see Steve Rogers sat on her sofa next to Bucky, one arm over the brunette man's eyes and the other hand holding a Nintendo Wii remote controller.

Bucky shook Steve's hand off his face and elbowed him in the ribs with his metal arm, hard. Steve let out a grunt, and the little character on his half of the television screen swerved to the left and crashed into a wayward banana peel, spiralling out of control.

"You little fucker."

"You hit me with a blue shell, don't you dare play the victim here, Rogers."

"Mario Kart?" Erin was out of breath, the knife still held in front of her. She tucked it back in her waistband, embarrassed, an instead let out a snort of laughter. There were two dirty plates piled up in the sink. At least Bucky had got her message about the lasagne.