Chapter 25

"Severus..."

Robyn opened the door to Moody's office just in time to see Snape give Dumbledore a vial of some sort of clear liquid. Robyn recognised it as Veritaserum.

Robyn's body still gave a jolt now and then when a sob would shake her body. She had no control over it.

Her teary eyes met Harry's and Robyn felt her heart break for him again. He was a mess. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy and glazed over from fresh tears tumbling down his cheeks. His nose was slightly red and cuts and bruises covered his body everywhere.

Albus forced the Veritaserum down Mad-Eye's throat. He wriggled demonically.

"Do you know who I am?" Albus asked, his voice far from the soft and kind tone Robyn and Harry were used to hearing.

"Albus Dumbledore."

Dumbledore - seemingly satisfied that the Veritaserum was working - wasted no time in asking more questions. "Are you Alastor Moody? Are you?"

Harry and Robyn continued on in silence, looking at eachother frequently. They did not know why but it eased their conscience slightly. Made them feel reassured.

"No." Moody - or rather the imposter - huffed, his neck twitching. McGonagall gave a gasp of shock and horror and Snape's eyes darkened as he glared at the scar covered man.

"Is he in this room? Is he in this room?" Dumbledore demanded, his voice angry yet desperate.

The imposter simply nodded.

Dumbledore looked around the office frantically until his blue eyes landed on Harry who was stood next to a large wooden chest.

"Harry get away from there!"

Dumbledore walked up to the chest and guided Harry so he was stood near the door and next to Robyn.

With a wave of Dumbledore's wand, the chest clicked open along with several little chest's inside of the large one.

Once the last one opened, Albus squinted his eyes and saw a very small and abused Alastor Moody. The real one.

"Are you alright, Alastor?" Albus called down to him.

"I'm sorry, Albus." Was all Mad-Eye uttered.

Harry's head burned with confusion. "That's Moody, but then who's...?"

Harry didn't get to finish his sentence as he got distracted when Albus held up a glass bottle.

"Polyjuice potion." Snape sneered, after noticing the lumpy liquid.

"Now we know who's been stealing it from your store, Severus." Dumbledore said gravely.

Dumbledore turned back to the shrunken Professor Moody who looked more than uncomfortable.

"We'll get you out in a minute, Alastor!" Dumbledore called, ignoring the groan that echoed from the chest.

The imposter Moody, tied to the chair, then began to twitch and gargle demonically. Robyn had to hold back a gasp as she stared at the man in horror, rather disturbed.

Robyn took a step back as the fake Mad-Eye ripped off the fake eye piece which rolled on the floor, still whizzing around.

Suddenly, Mad-Eye's scars began to fade, being replaced by smoother skin which was adorned by stubble. His shoulder-length hair got shorter and the normal blonde colour turned to a much darker brown.

Finally, he changed fully allowing everyone to see who the imposter was. And they were shocked to see Barty Jr, the guy from the memory Harry had seen.