Chapter 17

Harry placed a hand on Robyn's waist while Robyn put her hand on Harry's shoulder. They danced.

Robyn couldn't help but grin as Harry spun her around. It was as if their problems were just washed away for a split second. Soon everyone else was joining the champions dance. It was a kaleidoscope of colours and twirling ball gowns. A cloud of noise.

Robyn spotted McGonagall and Dumbledore dancing together, Hagrid and Maxime, even Filch and his cat, Mrs Norris.

Moody was on the sidelines gulping down his mysterious drink. Robyn still didn't trust him. Something just felt off about him.

"Thank you for taking me Harry, I know you wanted to go with Cho."

Harry shrugged, a smile on his face. "You're just as good."

Robyn blinked. "What?"

"Well, you're easy to talk too. I know I can always rely on you but I wouldn't know how to talk to Cho, I'm not really good with that stuff, so maybe going with you saved me from humiliating myself."

Robyn blinked again. "Oh."

The two danced in silence for a bit. It wasn't awkward, just slightly uncomfortable.

"Do I make it obvious, Robyn?" Harry asked as he spun her, her dress flaring out as he did so.

Robyn got snapped out of her thoughts.

"About what?" Robyn asked with furrowed brows.

"Cho."

Robyn smiled through her pain. "Just a bit."

Harry sighed.

Robyn only smiled.

Soon time passed and the slow dance ended. Now the Weird Sisters were playing an eccentric tune and most were dancing to it.

Harry and Robyn decided to join a rather grumpy looking Ron and Padma.

"Hi." Robyn greeted.

Ron smiled slightly but Padma shifted and sent Robyn a burning look.

Robyn didn't react and ignored it. She was okay with a few people still disliking her. Not everyone was going to like her even if she turned out to be the most popular person in the school, so she didn't mind too much.

Harry and Ron didn't let it drop as easily and sent looks to Padma letting her know Robyn was not to be treated like that. Robyn's heart warmed.

After a while Hermione came up, beaming after having a great time with Viktor. This seemed to make Ron's mood worse.

"Hot isn't it? Viktor's gone to get drinks. Care to join us?"

"No, we'd NOT care to join you and Viktor." Ron said bitterly.

Harry and Robyn looked at eachother expecting trouble.

"What's got your wand in a knot?" Hermione asked, giving Ron a burning look.

"He's a Durmstrang. You're fraternising with the enemy."