Chapter 24

Music blared loudly with the sound of everyone cheering as they saw the three bodies return. They had not yet understood what went down. They did not know the circumstances. It was at that when Harry broke down crying. He clutched on to Cedric's body and Robyn could just about hear him mumbling sorry endlessly into Cedric's chest. Robyn's heart broke for him. Robyn's heart broke for everyone who knew Cedric.

Just thinking about it made Robyn's throat close as she tried to hold back a sob. But it was to no avail and just like Harry she too broke down, the salty tears streaming down her face like a waterfall.

The crowds seemed to have finally realised something was off and they stopped their cheering.

Professors looked anxious as they rushed over to the three champions yet not aware of the life that was lost.

"Harry! Harry!" Albus tried to pull Harry off Cedric's body enough to speak to the frail boy but Harry fought.

"Tell me what happened!" Dumbledore said, his voice calm but authoritive. His normal examining blue eyes now lost their spark as he watched Harry break down and crumble before him. He had never seen the bespectacled boy cry before. Harry had always been strong headed in the situations he was put in much like his father; James. Albus felt as though he had failed as a protector for Harry. He felt as though he failed as a Headmaster.

"He's back, he's back! Voldemort's back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there." Harry sobbed, his voice loud as his throat constricted.

Robyn hugged her small frame and it was then when Albus saw the brunette, looking equally as distraught and broken as the raven haired Gryffindor.

"It's alright Harry. It's alright, he's home, you all are." Dumbledore lay his wrinkled hand on Harry's shoulder and Harry let out another sob. The events of what happened in the graveyard played in his head, all of it catching up to him suddenly.

"Keep everybody in their seats. A boy has just been killed." Fudge ordered to the Professors. "The body must be moved Dumbledore, there are... too many people."

Amos stood from his seat, hoping to get a glimpse of his son. His Cedric. It was then he saw the canary yellow top Cedric was wearing; the body of it unmoving. Panic struck Amos abruptly and his mind ran into a frenzy. He started to run down from the stands, pushing past the people who tried to keep it all concealed.

"Let me through! That's my son! My boy!" He shoved past Dumbledore and pushed Harry away and when he lay his eyes on his son, whose chest was still, did he then let out a wail of despair and broke down crying.

Ron and Hermione shared a look of worry and sadness as they saw the tear streaked faces of Harry and Robyn. The crowd had caught on to what had happened as they heard the yells of Amos. The two began their decent out of the stands, soon finding Noah was there too and running towards Robyn.

As they made it to Harry and Robyn they didn't have a chance to utter a word as Moody pulled Harry away and Noah was hugging a hysterically crying Robyn...

>>>

"Shh, it's okay. You're safe now." Noah whispered into Robyn's hair as he rocked them back and forth, trying to comfort the crying girl.

Ron and Hermione shared a concerned look and knelt down in front of them.

"Robyn-"

"I-I-I could've s-s-saved him... I h-h-had a c-c-chance to save h-h-him." Robyn sobbed, balling Noah's robes in her hands. She would've much preferred if it was Ron or Hermione comforting her but she still felt grateful for Noah's support.