Chapter 16

The day for the Yule Ball had come at last.

Most people were excited and then there was Ron, who was standing in front of a mirror in the boys dorm looking as if he might throw up.

His dress robes were rather faded with lace and frilly bits along the collar and cuffs. His expression was one of panic and he didn't look very comfortable as he kept shifting in his attire. He gulped at his appearance. He didn't like what was looking back at him and he could already hear the laughing as people saw what he was wearing.

Harry walked in wearing much nicer dress robes. They were plain but the colour was what made them stand out. They were a very dark green. Almost black but they made his eyes stand out. Molly had sent them to him a few days before the ball, also claiming they would bring out his eyes.

"What are those?!" Ron exclaimed, appalled at how good Harry looked.

"My dress robes."

"Well they're alright. No lace, no dodgy little collar." Ron straightened his collar as he said this, the material itching the back of his neck.

"Well I expect yours are more traditional."

"Traditional?! They're ancient! I look like my great aunt Tessie." Ron sniffed his robes. "I smell like my great aunt Tessie. Murder me Harry." Ron gulped. Harry felt bad for his best friend but he couldn't help but smile. Oh, how he loved Ron.

>>>

Robyn was still in her dorm also. She was one of the only one's in there. The other was Hermione Granger. Hermione had refused to tell Robyn who her date was and said it was a surprise.

Robyn looked at herself uneasily in the mirror.

All the other girls she had saw looked beautiful, stunning but she didn't know what to feel about how she looked.

Hermione was in a beautiful and elegant purple dress with her brown hair tamed and in a curly half up-half down updo. She looked incredible.

"Thank you, Hermione." Robyn found herself saying suddenly.

Hermione whipped around and shot her a confused look.

A smile graced Robyn's lips. "The other night. I know you told Harry to ask me to the dance."

A look of guilt took over Hermione's face. "But you looked surprised. You looked happy."

"I didn't think Harry was going to actually ask me. I thought he would've refused because I mean I'm just ordinary Robyn, his friend...I'm not Cho." Robyn looked at her feet.

A few minutes of silence passed.

Two warm hands pressed against Robyn's shoulders, causing her to look up. Hermione was stood behind Robyn with a smile placed on her lips.

"Robyn, when me and Ron first met Harry in our first year we could tell he had a certain interest in you. Even if he tried to hide it. When he saw you in the corridors, he would stare. He does like you, I know it. He just doesn't know it himself. And if he realises then it's meant to be but if he stays a clueless idiot for the rest of his life then I am most positive you will find someone who will love you just as much. It might be hard now but life goes on."

Robyn smiled at Hermione. Her words somewhat comforted her. But Robyn furrowed her eyebrows after seeing the look on Hermione's face. Though she did very well at hiding it, sadness lingered in her brown eyes.