Chapter 5 : The Mind Palace!

| Chapter 5 : The Mind Palace! |

Sherlock p.o.v.

"Will you be able to crack it?" asked John with a doubtful face.

"Doubting my decrypting skills?" I asked rhetorically.

"No. But this one seems weird," answered John.

"Okay, let's begin the decryption," John said to me as I started to observe the code.

Charmander-Haunter,
Zubat-Bulbasaur,
Weedle-Wartotle,
Charizard-Wigglytuff,
Bulbasaur- Drowzee,
Victreebel-Squirtle,
Golem-Charmeleon,
Raticate-Bulbasaur,
Ivysaur-Oddish,
Charmander-Farfetchd,
Geodude-Bulbasaur,
Charmander-Bulbasaur,
Ninetales-Charmander.

Okay if I take up the initials of the letters then I'll get CH ZB WW CW BD VS GC RB IO CF GB CB NC. No vowels. So it obviously isn't a word. So the initials are useless.

"Sherlock. . ." John was about to say something, I interrupted him abruptly, "Shut up. Let me think how to solve it."

I think I'll have to go into my Mind Palace. I'll ask John what he needs so he won't bother me later.

"Did you find out the solution?" asked Chloe.

"You go and get ready for your date tonight. I'll handle this," I said.

"How come you know that?!" asked Chloe.

"You were going to go out for lunch but as you were getting ready, the call came for Albert's murder. So you just wore the boots and called your boyfriend and postponed the date tonight and you appeared in a haste. You've applied two different lipsticks indicating that you used a different shade as soon as your call came. Your top and jeans aren't much matching. Jeans look new. So you just changed the top as you wanted to exclusively wear it for your date," deduced Sherlock.

"That's. . .that's. . . unimaginable!" exclaimed Chloe in a petrified state.

"Now go I've to enter my mind palace," said Sherlock.

"What's mind palace?" asked Chloe.

John took Chloe and Officer Jenny out of the room and whispered, "Its a technique used by him to remember each and every detail of all the events that occurred. He will mix and match and find a solution. Many thoughts occur in his head so he calls it the Mind Palace." I could hear him talking.

Alright, what could the Pokémon names stand for? Their initials? I guess not that idea was incorrect. Their types? They'd just be L's and F's in majority. Not gonna help.

Their ID's? Well if that's the case, I'll get many numbers between one to hundred. Wait, those numbers could mean something. Let's see Bulbasaur is 1, Charmander is 4, Ivysaur is 2, Haunter is 93, Zubat is 41, Charizard is 6, Wartotle is 8, Wigglytuff is 40, and so on.

So ultimately the numerical code would be : 493, 411, 138, 640, 196, 717, 765, 201, 243, 483, 741, 43 and 384.

What could the numbers indicate? If I'll add them all I'll get 16, 6, 12, 10, 16 wait. . . that'd be incorrect, zero is useless in 640 and 16 is repeating I guess the numbers don't mean anything.

What if those numbers are Pokémon ID's? Let's see, 493 is Arceus , 411 is Bastiodon, 138 is Omanyte, 640 is Virizion, 196 is Espeon, 717 is Yveltal, 765 is Oranguru, 201 is Unown, 243 is Raikou, 483 is Dialga, 741 is Oricorio, 43 is Oddish and 384 is Rayquaza.

If I take the initials of their names, I'll get, "ABOVE YOUR DOOR!"

"That's it!" I shouted as I snapped my fingers.