Chapter 3 : Sherlock's Failure!

| Chapter 3 : Sherlock's Failure! |

"How you know its Hoopa?" asked Lestrade.

"Well, Dalton the Fake Magician had a show in the Sliph Company. He arrived late which means he either overslept or got stuck somewhere. He has a Hoopa, the master of rings and hoops. At the same time, Giovanni disappeared. Dalton had a bit of mud on his left knee and little grass too indicating that he had bent on his knees which means he went to a forest. So the idea of oversleeping is gone which means he was stuck somewhere. Somewhere where? What would a magician do? He can perform crimes using his little tricks. Moreover, Giovanni had created a lot of problems for Sliph Company in the past. So Charlie, the President of the company had his reasons to kidnap Giovanni. Magic show, this company never organised one. Then why this year? To kidnap Giovanni is the answer," explained Sherlock.

"So we need to arrest Charlie, the head of the company?" asked Lestrade.

"Obvious. Now please don't call me for silly kidnapping cases," said Sherlock and hopped on Charizard and continued, "Come John."

"See you later," said John to Lestrade and hopped on Pidgeot.

Both of them left for Pewter City.

***
Lestrade p.o.v.

We headed for the Sliph Company to arrest Charlie and Dalton.

After reaching there, we took Charlie and Dalton for the deposition.

They came without uttering a word. Guilt wasn't reflected on their face.

"If you commit perjury, your sentence shall be extended. Explain that why did you kidnap Giovanni?" I asked firmly.

"Who's Giovanni? Is that the guy who hijacked the company long time ago with his team?" asked Charlie.

"You know it," I answered.

"Well, a guy named Red defended us against him using his super powerful team. He learnt his lesson and fled away. So why shall I kidnap him? I have no reason to do so," explained Charlie confidently. His confidence reflected his innocence.

"Then why did Dalton kidnap Giovanni using Hoopa?" I asked.

"On what grounds are you telling that?" asked Dalton.

"You were late for the show. At the same time Giovanni was kidnapped. You've the Pokémon to teleport people using rings. Moreover, your clothes had mud and grass indicating that you went to a forest. What else do we need?" I asked.

"Well, I was late because I was rehearsing my tricks in my garden. My hat fell down and went under the table so I had to bend on my knees and pick it up. I didn't realise that my clothes got dirty," replied Dalton and continued, "that Sherlock guy ruined my whole show by telling the people about the tricks. I just don't know how did he figured that out," said Dalton angrily.

"He just said 'Hoopa' right?" I asked.

"People were smart enough to figure it out," said Dalton.

"Nevermind. So you are not the ones who did the kidnapping?" I asked once again rhetorically.

"No," replied both of them in unison.