chapter 9

Kirstie POV

Christmas eve

"Come on guys we need to get going." I say while walking down the stairs. Tonight it our annual Pentatonix Christmas party. Since we found out about Avi's brain tumor we've been trying to keep things as normal, we also haven't told anybody about it. "We're coming!" Avi yells from behind me. I quickly grab my heels and slip them on. "Alright lets go." Avi says while coming down the stairs with the twins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We pull up at Ben's house and head inside.    

"Keb!" Skylar yells before wiggling out of my arms

"Keb!" Skylar yells before wiggling out of my arms. I set her down and she runs off. I smile and turn around to face Avi only to find him tackled by Esther. "That God you're ok." He slightly smile. "Yeah."  I look at Greyson and try not to cry. Both he and I know he isn't okay. I guess Scott and Mitch see me upset because they walk over asking if I'm ok. "Yeah, just pregnancy hormones." I say with a slight smile. It takes them a minute to register what I said. "OMG!!" Mitch squeals. Of course this catches the attention of everyone. "Shhh! I don't want to tell everyone right now, just close friends and family." I whisper. "Oh, sorry." Mitch says. "It's ok." I look around and everyone is still staring. "Nothing to see, just some trio time." Scott yells and everyone goes back to what they were doing. "Thanks Scooter." "No problem Kit. Now come one lets go party!" Scott says. "Um, in case you didn't notice I still have another kid." I say while gesturing down to Greyson. They laugh. "Oh yeah. Well then lets go hang out with the rest of Pentatonix." We walk over to the group and sit down. "So who is excited for the new Christmas album this year?" Esther asks. "I defiantly am. I LOVE Christmas songs." I say super excited. They laugh. "Well I have another surprise for yall." She says. "You have a tour starting next month!!!" Everyone but Avi and I cheer. I look at him and see him looking down. Next month he starts radiation to try and shrink the tumor. "What's wrong Kavi, aren't yall excited?" Darrien ask. Avi shakes his head and looks up with tears in his eyes. "Umm.. We have some news to tell you. When I got in that crash they found something. They did a scan If my brain and found a small mass on it. I was diagnosed with brain tumor." Everyone gasps. "What are the doctors doing about it?" Kevin asks. "I start radiation next month. Hopefully we can still go on tour." "Why don't I get it postponed?" Esther suggest. "No it's ok." They continue talking about what doctors when I decided I can't listen to it any more. I stand up and walk out on to the front porch. "Everything will be ok." I say to my non existent bump while sitting down.

Soon I feel tears running down my face and I can't contain my sobs. "Kit....... Kirstie......... Kirstin where are you?" I look up and see Avi walking around the corner. I quickly wipe away my tears and try to smile. "Don't even try. What's wrong?" He says while sitting down. I sniffle and look up at him. "Avi, you could die from this. I don't know what I'll do if that happens." I say while breaking down again. "Aww, Kitty." He stands back up and pulls me with him. "Don't think like that. We both know I won't let this thing take me down." "Everything thing was starting to turn out for the better and this happens." "I know Kitty, I am so sorry that all of this has happened." I pull back and look at him. "I love you Avriel Kaplan." "I love you too Kirstin Kaplan." He leads down and kisses me. When we pull back I see Scott fixing to walk out. "Umm. am I interrupting something?" I shake my head. "No. What's up?" "Well everyone was wanting us to sing a song." " Ok, we're coming." We all head inside and see everyone at the party around the couch we were sitting at. I take a seat on the top of the couch next to Mitch and look at everyone. "What song?" I ask. "How about little Drummer boy?" Nichole suggest. "Ok." Scott gives us our keys and then counts us in. "1..2..3."

After the song Skylar and Greyson come running up. I climb off the couch and sit in the floor with them. "What have you 2 been up too?" "Tori." Skylar says. "Did you have fun with Tori?" They nod before walking off again. I laugh and stand back up. "Well I think it about time we all disappear to our place and give out presents." I say. Every year we Kevin, Mitch, Scott, Tori, Esther, Darrien, Avi, and I sneak off to one our houses and give our Christmas presents out. This year we're heading to Avi and I's house. Avi and I grab the twins before heading to the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we get home I quickly change the twins before grabbing the presents from Avi and I's room. "Alright who want to play Santa this year?" I ask while coming down the steps. I set all the gifts under the tree and take a seat with Greyson in my lap. "I will." Darrien says while getting in the floor. He passes everything out and we start opening gifts. From everyone I got-

Darrien and Esther: A beautiful dream catcher

Scomiche: A picture of Texas

Tori: A best friend picture frame with a picture of us.

Kevin: A beautiful pair of earrings.

When I get to Avi's gift I gasp. It if a pallet painted black that says, 'When I tell you I love you I don't say  it out of habit or to make conversation. I say it to remind you that you are the best thing that ever happened to me'.

"Avi I love it!" I peck his lips the look at everyone

"Avi I love it!" I peck his lips the look at everyone. "Thank yall so much." We continue having a good time till Esther stands up. " Darrien and I have something to tell you........... I'm Pregnant!!!" Tori and I jump up and squeal. That's when it hits me. "We're all pregnant at the same time!" Everyone but Mitch, Scott, and Avi look at me confused. "You're pregnant?!?" Tori says. I nod and they start squealing. All the guys laugh. No matter how much is thrown our way there is no place I'd rather be. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope yall liked it!

Don't forget to vote and comment

Love yall💚

Hannah