Chapter 8

Kirstie POV

"Mommy!" I wake up to the sound of Greyson crying for me. I quickly get out of bed and run to his room. I find him standing in his bed with a red face and tears running down his face. "What's wrong baby?" "Hurt." "Can you show me what hurts?" He points to his stomach and head. "Come on lets go take your temperature." I pick him up out of his crib and walk back into my room where I find Avi sitting up looking confused. "Will you snuggle with daddy while I get the thermometer?" He nods and I hand him to Avi. "What's wrong buddy?" "Mr. Greyson isn't feeling good. He said his tummy hurts." I say while walking into our bathroom. I come back into the room and take Greyson's temp. "101.4." I let out a sigh. "Well, looks like you're staying in mommy and daddy's room tonight bud." Avi says while laying Greyson in between us. I watch until Greyson falls asleep then close my eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know how long I was asleep but I woke up to the sound of Avi moving around. "What are you doing?" "I'm going to go get Greyson some medicine. We're out." "Ok. I love you." He leans down and kisses my forehead. "I love you too. Be back soon." He heads out our door and a few minutes later I hear the car pull out. Once Avi is gone I look over at Greyson and see him sound asleep. Since he is asleep I turn on the spare baby monitor before heading to Skylar's room. I stick my head in and see her playing with her stuffed dragon and bunny. "Hey baby girl. Wanna help Mama make breakfast?" I ask while walking all the way into her room. She lets out a squeal and claps her hands. "I'll take that as a yes." I grab her out of bed and we head downstairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Avi POV
"Let's see, kids medicine." I say to my self while scanning the shelfs. Once I find the medicine I walk past the flower section and pick out Kirst a bouquet. While looking I come across a beautiful bunch of blue and white roses.

I head to the cashier and check out

I head to the cashier and check out. "These must be for some special girl." The guy says. I smile and nod. "My wife." I say while handing him the money. I get my change and head to the car.
I pull out of the parking lot and make my way home. While driving I notice a black car speeding towards me. I try my best to get out of the way but I'm not fast enough. I hear the sound of metal against metal and the last thing I hear before blacking out.
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
Kirstie POV
'Ring ring'
'Hello?'
'Is this Mrs. Kaplan?'
'Yes, this is she.'
'I'm afraid to inform you that you husband has been in a serious car accident. He was taken to Saint Margo's hospital.'
'Alright thanks you. I'm on my way.'
I quickly hang up the phone and call Scott.
'Hey Scott no time for detail. I need you to come watch the twins. Avi's in the hospital and I don't want to bring them.'
'Yeah, sure thing. Mitch and I will be there in 10.'
'Thank you.'
I hang up agian and run up the stairs. I throw on some yoga pants and one of Avi's sweatshirts before bringing Greyson downstairs. I set him in the play pen with Skylar and turn on the tv. Just then I hear the door open. "It's us!" Mitch yells. "Thank you so much. I'll explain everything once I know more." I tell them before kissing the twins and running out the door.

It doesn't take me long to get to the hospital. I quickly park the car and run inside. "I'm hear to see Avi Kaplan. I'm his wife Kirstie Kaplan." I tell the receptionist. She nods and types something in the computer. "If you can just have a seat in the waiting room the doctor should be out in a little while." "Ok." I go sit down and pull out my phone to text Kevin. 'Hey Kervy. Just wanted to let you know that something happened to Avi. Not sure of the details but he was in a bad car wreck.' I hit send and get a response a few minutes later. 'Oh no! Do Tori and I need to watch the twins?'  'No Scott and Mitch have them. I just wanted to let you know what was happening. I'll call you when I know all the details.'  I put my phone back up right as a doctor comes out. "Mrs. Kaplan?" I stand up and walk over to him. "Hi I'm Dr. Michaels. I'm your husbands doctor. Right now he is doing fine just sleeping from the anaesthesia. But there is something wrong we noticed on his MRI. If you could follow me I'll show you." I nod and follow him to a room. We walk in and I see a sleeping Avi. "If you look right here we noticed this unusual mass on his brain." At these world's my heart stops. "Wait so what exactly are you saying?" "Well we aren't 100% sure but right now it looks like it's a brain tumor." I gasp and sit next to Avi's bed. "This can't be happening." "I'll give you some time. Just hit this button when he wakes up and we can talk about it some more." I nod and the doctor leaves. Once he is gone I lay down next to Avi and lay my head on his chest. Just then I feel my phone buzz. I carefully pull it out and see a text from Esther. Crap I forgot to call her. 'Hey Kit Kevin told me what happened call me when you get the chance.' I don't bother responding I just lay me head back down and fall asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uh oh looks like there is trouble! Hope yall liked it. Also I need yall to comment your favorite baby names both girl and boy. In one of the next chapters I'll post the names.

Don't do get to vote and comment

Love yall 💚
Hannah