Chapter 5

Kirstie POV

I shoot straight up and look around to find everyone looking at me worried. "Are you ok?" Avi says while putting a stray hair behind my ear. "Where is Jeremy?"  I ask out of breath. Everyone looks at each other confused. "Our best guess is still in Arizona. The officer still hasn't called." I shake my head. "No he was in our back yard I saw him. He tried to strangle me." I say while shaking my head.  "Kirstie calm down. You have been laying on the couch for over an hour.  You feel asleep right after we finished singing to Greyson, Jeremy hasn't been here." I take a deep breath and try to calm down. "Now what happened in the dream." Scott asks. Avi sits next to me with Greyson, I take Greyson and hold him close.

"We were all sitting around when there was a knock, Avi got up to answer, we heard that it was the officer. When Avi walked in he had tears running down his face, and we all knew something had happen. So I ran out the back door  and went deep into the woods. When I finally sat down for a minute Jeremy came out from behind a tree. Before I could get away or call for help he slammed me against a tree twice and I blacked out. That's when I woke up." I look around at everyone and the give me a sympathetic look. We sit there in silence till I speak up again. "I'm tired of this! Jeremy has ruined our lives and I can't stand it. When they catch him I will make sure he wishes he never messed with my family." Just as the last word leaves my mouth the phone rings. Avi jumps up and rushes to the phone.

"Hello"

............

"Thank you so much we'll be right there"

..............

"Alright bye."

He runs back into the room with a huge smile. "They found her. They have her Kit! We're getting our daughter back!" I set Greyson down and jump into his arms. "While hugging I feel his tears wetting my shoulder. I pull back and wipe his face. He looks at me with a smile and kisses my forehead. "Well what are we waiting for. Lets go!" Scott says before running out the door. I let out a small laugh before grabbing Greyson and heading out to the car. I strap Greyson in I climb into the passenger seat and Avi heads towards the police station.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I burst through the door and run up to the receptionist. "Officer Smith called us." I tell the lady she nods and points to a room at the end of the hallway. I wait for the others to come inside before heading to the room. We walk in and Officer Smith is sitting at a desk. "Hello Kaplan family." When he looks up he's surprised at how many of us they're are. "And friends?" I nod and introduce him to everyone. "As you probably know these are our band mates, Scott, Mitch, and Kevin. Kevin's wife Tori, Esther, Avi's sister, and her husband Darrien." He nods. "Ok well as you know we found your daughter and Jeremy. Right now Jeremy is on his way to prison and they are taking Skylar to the hospital about an hour away. They're about an hour away now, so if yall want to get there when she arrives I suggest you leave now." "Thank you officer." He just nods and gives me a small smile. "Just doing my job ma'am." We walk out and head to the cars. "Hey Kit I think Mitch and I are going to head home. We know you and Avi are going to want some time with her." I nod and hug them. "I'll call you tomorrow with how she's doing." They nod in get in their car. "We're heading home too, Tori has a video shot tomorrow." Kevin says. Tori hugs me before handing me a card. "Open this after you have your time with Skylar then call me." She says with a smile. After they leave Esther and Darrien do to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you think anything is wrong?" I ask after about 30 minutes of silence. I see Avi shrug. "I hope not but we never know." I sigh. "Why is it that all this horrible stuff happens to her? First she is born not breathing and now she's been kidnapped." "I don't know. But I can tell you now no matter what happens to her, she's our little fighter." I nod and pull into the hospital parking lot. "Ready?" I ask. Avi nods and gets out to get Greyson. I link hands with Avi and we walk in to the receptionist. "We're here for Skylar Kaplan. The police sent us here." She nods and clicks a few things on her computer. "Alright she is in room, 436, but they are not letting her see visitors yet. I'll let you know as soon as they are. Can I get your names?" I nod. "I'm her mother Kirstie and that's her father Avi." She nods and writes it down. I go to walk away when I hear a voice I never want to hear again. I turn around and see Jeremy being brought in on a stretcher will a bandage on his side. "Look who we have here, Kirstie Kaplan." I walk right up to him and punch him in the face. He lets out a yelp because my punch hits his already broken nose. I let out a laugh. "You lost Jeremy, I got my daughter back and you're going away for longer than you can imagine." He shakes his head. "Oh, Kirstie it's just beginning." He starts to cough hard and they quickly wheel him away. Avi grabs my hand and we go sit in the waiting room.

After about an hour a nurse walks in. "Kirstie and Avi Kaplan?" We stand up and walk over. "Yes?" Avi asks. "The doctors wanted me to tell you that you can see Skylar now. There are a few things though. She had broken arm and sprained wrist. Nothing else major just bruise and scratches." I nod. "She is in room 436 and is very excited to see you." My smile widens and I quickly walk to the elevator. "Kit wait up. I can only walk so fast with a sleeping 1 year old in my arms." Avi says from behind me. I slow down and he catches up. "Sorry." We get on the elevator and head to the fourth floor. We look around till we spot room 436. I quietly open the door and tears instantly come to my eyes when I see Skylar laying in her bed. "Hi baby." I carefully sit on one side of her and Avi does on her other side. "She lets out a squeal and tries move into my arms. "Careful baby." I pull her close and let a few tears go. That night we don't say anything we just hold each other close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope yall like it!

Don't forget to vote and comment

Love yall💚

Hannah