𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER ONE | GROWING PAINS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVERYTHING WAS SO FAMILIAR ABOUT THE QUAINT TOWN OF MYSTIC FALLS. Evelyn Austin was seated outside the Mystic Grill as she overlooked the town square. She hummed in satisfaction, a coffee in hand, as she admired the simplicity of the town. It had been centuries since she had dared to revisit the town that caused her so much heart age, but she had a feeling that the nostalgia of it all would be beneficial for her to move on.

Evelyn was murdered in 1864, by none other than the jealous vampire, Katherine Pierce— or at least, Katherine anticipated Evelyn's murder. Emily Bennett, a friend of not only Katherine but Evelyn too, laced the brunette's wine with a droplet of Katherine's vampire blood earlier in the evening. Emily Bennett knew that Katherine hated Evelyn, the girl that had the ability to ruin her plan to have the Salvatore's wrapped around her finger for all eternity.

Emily knew that Evelyn didn't deserve the fate that was bestowed upon her, so she sought to help Evelyn. Once she gained consciousness with a newfound scene of hunger, Evelyn took off and left Mystic Falls and the Salvatore brother's a distant memory.

Yelling across the street caused the brunette vampire to immediately snap from her thoughts. She tucked her hair behind her as she listened to the argument intently. It was between who appeared to be the Sheriff of the small town and a Pastor. "Sorry, Liz. You're not going to work today." The man informed the Sheriff, who furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Liz looked behind the Pastor, who had several deputies behind him. It was obvious that something big was going on, she just didn't know what. "What's going on?"

"They're taking your badge." The Pastor gestured to the deputies with an unremorseful shrug and then turned back to the Sheriff. "You're not fit to protect us anymore."

She scoffed in disbelief. "You have no idea what you're up against."

"On the contrary, Liz. I've already taken your deputies. We've got the entire town's supply of Vervain, including the sash found at the Salvatore House." As soon as Evelyn heard the familiar last name, her eyes widened. She wasn't aware that the Salvatore's still lived within Mystic Falls. "We're making our move."

Once Evelyn saw the Pastor grab the Sheriff by the arm, the brunette vampire lifted herself to her feet. She didn't very much enjoy men handling women as he was, so she thought it best to intervene. "Woah, hey. Is there any need for that?" The brunette raised an eyebrow with confidence emitting from her voice.

The Pastor, who's hand didn't release from the Sheriff's forearm, furrowed his brows in Evelyn's direction. "I'm sorry, who exactly are you?"

"A friend of the Sheriff's." Evelyn glanced at Liz, as did the Pastor. The Sheriff nodded in confirmation, despite not knowing who Evelyn was. "You see, I just thought I'd come over and see what all the fuss was about. I mean, you don't grab someone the way you are over a little argument, am I right?" She chuckled quietly, her eyes fixed on the Pastor's grip of Liz.