Chapter 2: Endings and Beginnings

After a quick tour of the hall, we found ourselves in the library. Flash told us to make ourselves at home as the league spoke amongst themselves.

The two youngest boys (KF and Robin) ran to take a seat in two of the three arm chairs. Kaldur motioned for me to take the last one but I shook my head, politely denying it as I made a quick flip with my hand and a strong, focused gust of air lifted me off the ground and between Kaldur and Roy. Another flip and I was able to make the current stable enough for me to sit on.

Kaldur smiled before sitting on the seat. I looked over at Roy, silently asking if he was going to sit but he shook his head. I smiled and nodded.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Robin asked in a low mutter.

"With them? Who knows!" KF muttered back.

"Maybe they're talking about the odd coincidence that four ice villians attacked on the same day in approximately the same time?" I guessed.

"No offense Lin', but I seriously doubt that was any kind of coincidence." Roy said. I blushed at my error and looked down at my feet.

"Quick debrief to discuss the coincidence of four ice villians attacking on the same day." Batman said, making me send a look to Roy, who I was expecting to send me smile that said 'you know I'm right but I'm going to let it slide because you're giving me that look', but to my surprise he just looked at the league with an unreadable expression. "We shouldn't be long."

"That's it?" Roy exclaimed as the computer began running security scans on the league members. His ton shocked me, making me almost lose my focus on my air-chair.

"You promised us a real look inside! Not a glorified backstage pass!" Roy continued.

"It's a first step." Aquaman said calmly. "You've been given access few others get."

"Oh really." Said Roy, and he swept his hand to motion to a glass panel I didn't notice before. On the other side of the glass stood tourists, snapping pictures of us.

Well that's unnerving

"Who cares what side of the glass we're on?!" Roy yelled.

"Roy you just need to be patient." Green Arrow said calmly towards his protege. It did the opposite however as the angry fumes seemed to intensify around the ginger archer.

"What I need, is respect." Roy snapped. Next, my friend turned to the remaining four of us and I felt a chill run up my spine. "They're treating us like kids! Worse, like sidekicks. We deserve better then this."

"Roy, please, calm down." I said, reaching out to my friend, but he pulled away like he was disgusted by my touch, which in itself kinda stung.

"You're kidding right?! You're playing their game?!" Roy yelled. "Why? Today was supposed to be the day! Step one in becoming full-fledged members of the League!"

KF shared a look with all the rest of us before responding.

"Well, sure, but I thought step one was a tour of the HQ." The speedster said.

"Except the Hall isn't the league's real HQ." This sent all of us into a state of confusion. "I bet they never even told you it's a false front for tourists, and a pit-stop for catching zeta-beam transporters to the real HQ: an orbiting satellite called the Watchtower."

We all sent looks to our mentors. Flash being the only of whom that held any emotion, which was a mix of 'oh crap' and 'well this is awkward'. Batman, Aquaman, and unsurprisingly, Red Tornado didn't hold any emotion. I, not being one to give into anger, simply fiddled with my long side braid.