Kim Taehyung Pt. 1

You had been dating Taehyung for a year now, and you had to admit, it had been the most wonderful year of your life. You were so in love the colors seemed more vibrant, the stars twinkled brighter, and even food tasted better. Your whole life had been given meaning the day you met Taehyung. You were truly happy, for the first time in your life.

But now, as you watched him across from you in the living room, you could see this emptiness inside his eyes when he looked at you, and the invisible wall between you, that made him feel like he was miles away. You noticed his attitude grow colder towards you, and although he had never treated you badly, because he is a genuinely kind person, you knew this relationship was reaching its end.

You felt it, you felt your time run out, as you raced against the clock. You knew the flame of passion in his heart had gone out. You knew he no longer felt sparks when his hand grazed yours, and he never really kissed your lips anymore, unless you asked him to.

You watched him, growing bored of the routine as each day passed, and you noticed the change in your relationship go by painfully slowly.

You noticed the sparkle in his eyes was gone when he looked into your eyes, you noticed his smile no longer reached his eyes when you talked to him, or held his hand.

You couldn't make him love you if he didn't, you couldn't make him feel something his heart simply didn't feel, and you knew Taehyung no longer felt love towards you. His heart no longer raced when he looked at you, or when you held him.

You knew you couldn't force the situation any longer, you were only hurting yourself by staying, but you loved him too much to let go. You loved him so much you would accept him looking at you the way he looked at any passing stranger in the street, because you knew he was too kind to break your heart by leaving, and he was already used to life with you, and it would only make things harder if he left.

You looked at him sitting there beside you on the sofa, with an emptiness in his eyes that crushed your soul to bits, and you stretched your hand out to hold him.

"Tae..." You whispered, scared that if you spoke any louder your voice would give you away, and you'd start crying in front of him.

"Hmm?" He asked, as he turned his gaze away from the television and towards you.

"Can you come to bed with me? I just want you to hold me" You asked him, while you thought 'one last time'. He nodded, and stood up with you, walking towards your shared bedroom.

You slid into bed, and he slid in right after, covering your bodies with the covers. You looked at him with a sparkle in your eyes, that no longer belonged to the brightness of love, but to the shimmer of tears, and you wrapped your arms around him, as you rested your head on his chest. He snaked his arms around you and held you close. You listened to his rhythmical heart beat, a tear sliding down your cheeks as you realized this would be the last time you ever listened to it.

You begged the Gods to give you strength, thankful that they had given you one last night to gather up the forces to do what was right. And so you stared at his beautiful features in the dim lighting of the room, trying to memorize all of his features, holding them close to your aching heart. Your grip tightened around him.

You closed your eyes, hoping to ignore for at least this one moment the love he no longer felt towards you, you needed this one night to finally allow yourself to let go. Tears rolled down your face and dampened his t-shirt, but Taehyung was asleep, and didn't feel them. You weren't sure he would have noticed either way.

The next morning, Taehyung woke up alone on a twin sized bed. The coldness on your side of the bed alerted him that you were long gone by then. He turned around, expecting to hear sounds from the kitchen, but all he saw was a piece of paper placed neatly on what used to be your pillow.

"I'm sorry for leaving like this, but we both knew the end was near. I know you never would have left, you have too much of a good heart. But I couldn't stand living beside someone who no longer loves me anymore. I can't make you love me if you don't, and you can't force yourself to feel something your heart simply can't. I hope you understand, and forgive me eventually. I wonder now, if you will even notice my absence, if you will even care. I love you Taehyung, I really do. This year we have spent together has been the happiest in my life. I hope you find someone who makes you as happy as you made me. Goodbye Taehyung, I wish you luck. Love (Y/N)."

Taehyung clutched the letter crumbled into his hand, against his chest, as he sat up on the bed, while the other hand desperately searched for your body on the mattress. Tears began rolling down his face, as he stared at the emptiness in his room, which would now be a constant reminder of the emptiness that now placed itself in his heart. You were gone. He had pushed you away. You were gone.

I write too much about taehyung its so bad for my heart lol