28. My Prince on a Unicorn

Start from the beginning

"Derek is the complete opposite to Luke. Luke is a nice guy. Damn, he's perfect for you Han. He makes you happy right?" Layna asked. I nodded. "Well then. Don't be scared because when the feeling comes you'll have to tell him."

I had a feeling though, that it never would.

"And while it's making its way to you, you should get your mind off Luke. He's going away for the weekend right?" Casey asked. Once again I just nodded. "Great, well then we're going to Mia's party tomorrow night."

"No. No. I don't think that's a good idea." I shook my head. Actually I knew this was a bad idea.

"Oh please Hannah! Luke will be away so there will be no chance of bumping into him—"

"Kyle. What if I bump onto Kyle?"

Layna let out a laugh. "No offence to Mia because I've grown to like her quite a lot since her and Jake have started  ... doing whatever their doing, but come on, since when does The Kyle Richards attend party's held by people like us. Like Mia?" 

She was right. Kyle had too much pride. A reputation to hold up. He wouldn't let himself be seen at a party held by an average non attention seeking girl like Mia.

"Fine." I sighed. "I'll go."

~***~

My decision the day before resulted in me standing in front of the mirror in Casey's room checking myself out.

I had chosen to wear a black and gold tribal print bodycon dress which didn't please Casey who wanted me to dress more... out there. My excuse was that I didn't exactly want to attract more attention to myself especially not from guys.

"Hey, how's you and Matt?" I wriggled my eyebrows realising that I haven't seen much of Matt and Casey hadn't mentioned him ever since the corridor incident. 

She shrugged. "There's no me and Matt. I haven't spoken to him since the corridor situation."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "So he hasn't called you or texted?"

"No? Why would he?"

"I don't know. Because he has a crush on you!" That bastard. I actually gave him my best friends number and he didn't even bother texting her.

"No he doesn't. I made it so obvious though. So cringe." She blushed.

I went back to tying the shoe laces on my high heeled ankle boots. "Casey I swear I've never seen you blush until he smiled at you."

"Shut up. Not true." She dismissed. "Now come on. We don't want to be late." She grabbed her bag as I grabbed mine and we made our way to her car.