15: Oh Captain, My Captain 4

Since this story seems to be a favorite, here's another part!

Warnings: mention of suicide

Words: 674

*****

Last time on Oh Captain My Captain

"I'm trying to figure out why I didn't kill you.." Steve continued, studying Bucky before getting up and making a hand gesture for Bucky to do the same, which he did. Then Steve took slow steps around him, studying his being. He ended up back in front of him and used his finger to tilt Bucky's head back by his chin. "Because I don't see how you could be useful."

*****

Bucky's breath hitched, his grey eyes watching Steve, and Steve couldn't help but feel like he was looking right throught his soul. He knew he should've killed Bucky, right then and there. But he couldn't. The brunette's eyes held so much life in them, so much adventure. He couldn't waste that, he couldn't even think about watching that light die down.

He lowered his hand, allowing a little smile to tug at the corner of his mouth. His inner thoughts were hidden from Bucky by the cocky look he was wearing. "But no, that would be a pity." The slightly smaller man in front of him visibly relaxed, lowering his gaze to the floor. He didn't say thank you, but he might as well have. Steve could read him like an open book.

"You know... I wonder," Steve turned around and walked back around the table, fingertops sliding over the wood that was once rough, but now smooth from all those years of use "you lost... Everything. I killed your crew, I made your ship sink. I might as well have killed your family, because it feels the same.. Doesn't it? And still... Still you don't want to die.. But for what? Are you afraid of what comes after death? Or... Do you have something to live for?" He smiled almost devilish, blue eyes taking Bucky in from under his pirate hat.

Bucky listened to Steve's words, finding himself looking down and considering them. "I guess I just don't want to die by your hand. You took too many lives already, I'm not going to let you take mine." He said carefully, looking back up at the pools of blue that were Steve's eyes.

The blonde smiled "well... Whatever" he then said, grabbing his knife from his belt "sit" he ordered, and Bucky couldn't disobey. Steve walked around him, putting the knife away before grabbing rope and tying Bucky's hands to the chair "so.. Now be a good boy and stay" he ruffled Bucky's hair before walking out, leaving the brunette in a slightly suprised state. He wasn't sure why Steve felt the need to tie him down, it's not like he was going anywhere. But when he looked back at the table, he understood. Steve had left his knife, planted it in the table just out of his reach. Apparently, the pirate captain wasn't as dumb as what Bucky had assumed all pirate captians to be, or pirates in general to be. He'd understood that Bucky meant to kill himself, the first chance he would get. Because he couldn't live without his family and ship, and because he didn't want to give Steve the satisfaction of killing him. And now Steve was teasing him, taunting even, pushing and pulling his strings. Steve meant to break him down in pieces, and only then, he might be so nice to kill Bucky. That charming smile the blonde haired blue eyed man had was apparently a cover to hide his true wicked self. And the smug bastard enjoyed it, Bucky knew that, or at least he thought so. So he sat still and stared down, not going to fight, not now, not yet.

*****

This took me so long and I am so, so, so SORRY! I know my updates take forever but at least I have a two week break from school now so...

MY GOAL:
Update THREE more chapters! I'm trying to make a list of all the requests I've gotten so I can start on those!

- Robin