13: The Walking Dead

*****

Au: Zombie Apocalypse

Warnings: zombies, gore, sadness.

Words: 524

*****

Ducking down, Steve smashed the knife into the zombie's skull from below. Then he spun, raised his other arm with his axe and decapitated the one behind him. He checked if there was any more before lowering his weapons.

"We took care of them pretty well! Don't you think, Bucky? Buck?" When no response came, Steve's senses were alerted again and he slowly walked to where he last saw his boyfriend, bravely fighting off zombies. Turning the corner, he noticed another horde of the creatures, but they paid no attention to him... they had their eyes on something else. Or rather... someone else! "Oh my god.. Bucky! No!" Steve roared, raising his weapons again and starting to sprint towards the place his lover, his everything, stood with his back against the wall of an abandoned supermarket.

But he knew, oh he knew, he would be too late. There were too many, it all happened too fast. A lonely walker stumbled out of the empty store behind the brunette, just when he raised his arm. It bit down on Bucky's shoulder, making him scream in agony, dropping the axe he was holding. The others saw their chance and took it, sinking their teeth into Bucky's arm, chest, side and legs, ripping his insides out with their grabby hands. For one moment, Bucky's blue eyes met Steve's, but then blood started flowing from his mouth and the following moment he disappeared under the hungry walkers.

"Bucky!" Steve roared, his world was starting to shake. Someone called his name, he was starting to get aware of something else. The scene in front of him was fading away, making place for something else.

"Steve! Hey, wake up! Steve!" Bucky yelled, desperately shaking his boyfriend again. The blonde was sweating and panting, it had woken Bucky up, he had turned on the light on their nightstand and soon realized what was happening. "Steve please w-"

"B-Bucky?" Baby blue eyes stared at him, watery eyes with long lashes. Then two strong arms wrapped around him and pulled him in close "I-I had a nightmare I- you-"

"Shh.. baby, it's okay, I'm here.." Bucky whispered, holding Steve close as well. They stayed like that for a while until Steve slowly pulled back "I dreamt.. that there was.. an apocalypse and you... I- you were.. it looked so real..." he whispered.

"You are... an idiot" Bucky whispered back, kissing Steve quickly "you know.." he pressed their forheads together "that stuff doesn't excist.. right?"

"I know but.. but it looked..." Steve repeated, until Bucky kissed him again, longer this time. "You goofball.. no more The Walking Dead for you." He murmered, smiling a little at Steve and then laying down beside him, pressing into his side "now sleep, we both have to get up early tomorrow." He ordered, wrapping one arm protectively around the bigger man.

Steve turned on his side, and long after Bucky had fallen asleep he just stared at him. It took him three hours to finally settle down and fall asleep but he did agree with his boyfriend. No more The Walking Dead for him.

*****

MHUHAHAHAHA I got you guys there, admit it.