Chapter 30

"What?" Jared confused voice replied. Beside me Dylan was chuckling by my words. I punched his arm and moved to the back of the plane, so that Dylan doesn't disturb me anymore.

"I am so sorry Jared. But our faces are in the front page. A reporter clicked our picture when were exiting the café yesterday and are stating that we are dating. I swear I didn't mean it to happen. I am so sorry for all this. The paparazzi are behind me after the ball and they are making up unnecessary rumors. I consider you a friend. Please I don't want to lose you. I am so sorry" I can't stop myself when I started speaking. But Jared cut me off.

"Hey calm down Elena. It's alright. I am not angry" his words relived me out of my guilt.

"Thank god. Jared I was so worried that you would run for the hills after this fiasco. I am relived now" I chuckled slightly thinking about the rant. He might think I am some kind of wacko.

"Elena I wouldn't leave you for such a minor thing. You are my friend now and I don't want to lose you as a friend as well" I was happy that he was so sincere and just his words can calm me down.

"Me too Jared I had a nice time with you yesterday"

"So Elena, I was thinking will you go out with me sometime?" OMG... I can't believe it. He is asking me to hang out with him. I can't believe it. I thought I was so boring that he wouldn't want to spend time with me again. I was really glad and happy that he will find me interesting. I was doing a victory dance in my head like a silly teenager. Well he was handsome and sexy as hell. Why wouldn't I want to go out with him?

"Jared, are you asking me out on a date?" I was keeping my fingers crossed and hope at bay. I don't want to hope and then get it crushed.

"Yes. I really liked your company Elena and want to know more about you. Will you go on a date with me?" I was stumped beyond words.

"Yes" I answered in a whisper without thinking for a second.

"Oh thank God. I was really nervous about it. So what about tonight?" Damn my schedule. He is asking me out and I am out of town. The worst timing of all. Now that I have decided to date this thing happens.

"Sorry Jared, but tonight won't be possible. I am travelling to Los Angeles right now"

"OK. No issues some other time then. I have to go now. Talk to you later. Travel safely"

"Yes sure" he hanged up the phone. shit shit shit. What a mess I am in? I really wanted to go out with him.

I am whining like a teenage girl. Get a grip Elena.

I again sat down on my seat and in front me Jared picture is staring out of the newspaper. I am fed up with this media person. They are annoying me to death. Me and Jared going out will be a sensational news. Their assumptions will become true. I haven't learned to deal with my new found status and now this.

"Oh god. Ahhhh" I started pulling out my hair in frustration.

Dylan stopped my hand from further damaging my hair.

"Hey hey. What happened?"

"Jared asked me on a date tonight. I am out of town, worst timing ever" I pointed my finger at the newspaper "they are crazily following my every step. I haven't come to terms with all this and if I started dating Jared they won't leave me alone even for second. The media want to dig up my past with vengeance. I am fed up with all this"

"Hey Sis, I know they are the big bad wolf waiting for you to make a mistake. But you should learn to ignore them. They will talk nonsense but you have to be sensible and not say anything in return. If you want I will help you with this all. I will arrange a meeting with our PR team. They will help you deal with such situations" he knows how to calm me down. His words register in my mind and eases my worries.

"What will I do without you Dylan? Thanks. It would be great if you arrange that meeting. I will need all the help I can get" I sighed with relief. Why I didn't think about this earlier? A meeting with the PR team and all my worries will go in a puff.

"So I heard that you are going out on a date." So he listened my conversation on the phone.

"I am not going out on a date yet. I said yes to go on a date with Jared" I explained to him so that he will not pry into my business.

"He better treat you right or I will knock some manners into him" My over protective brother is back.

"Don't worry I will kick his ass before you could do something" we both started laughing like crazy.

After that he started working on his laptop and I took a nap. The pilot announced that we are going to land soon and to fasten our seat belts. I once again took Dylan's hand in mine till we have landed in LA.

This is my first visit to this town. And I intend to explore it all. We got into the car and was travelling to the hotel. There we would freshen up ourselves and then go for our meetings in the town.

I am in my suite right now getting ready for the meeting ahead. Thinking about the conversation I had in the car with Dylan. I argued with him the whole ride to the hotel. His request was not sitting well with me and I have refused him. Now he has given me an ultimatum.

Dylan would be going back within two days but I have been given a week off, courtesy of Dylan to make this a stress free break. He has assured me that he will take care of work. I just hope he doesn't combust. I reluctantly agreed but I was not happy. I didn't want this break because it would be lonely over here in LA. I don't have friends that I can call upon to hang out with me. I left behind all my friends when I moved away from home.

I could call Jared up and tell him to come to LA and we can do our date here.

Stupid Elena. He is a busy man with lots of work to do. Will he spare time for silly old me?

Ya I am stupid. He wouldn't come. Well I have to convince Dylan now to travel back with him after my work is done here. Christmas is around the corner, I would be receiving the break than.

With that in mind I mask my face into business mode and exit my room to go to our first meeting of the day. 

Hey you all lovely people....

Thank you all for reading this story....

Next update is on Friday....

If you have suggestion regarding the story please let me know in the comments section...

Don't forget to Vote, Comments and Share...

Read books that you enjoy...

Love you all....