Chapter 27

One more week has passed and I am delayed at appointing a new Head for the Eastern Region. Dylan had put this responsibility on my shoulder as I have a equal say in the company's decision as well as I would easily judge the person's capability to take such an responsibility.

I have interviewed many candidates and I am yet to find the perfect one. So for now I am only handling all the work related to that. Amy has been a real help this past week. She sharing my work load with me and to my astonishment she is keeping up with all this. I am so happy to get such a perfect assistant. My days are spent slacking on work and my evenings are spent in Sunshine Green. Amber has stolen my heart and I can't get enough of her.

As soon as I take her in my arms all my worry and stress go away just like that. She is like my little angel. With her everything looks alright and she also has got more comfortable with me. In her own way she talks to me and I just love playing with me. Because of Amber in the house all the children are happier. They all love Amber and constantly fussing over her. She is little ray of sunshine to all of us.

Today is Monday and I have to fly out tomorrow to LA for a business meeting with Dylan as a part owner of the company. I have contacted Heather and told her about my dilemma for the party that we will be attending there. Heather has shipped me the perfect dress and accessory with it. I was grateful to her and told her that she would be styling me from now on.

My personal phone was ringing on my desk. It was an unknown number. I was puzzled by that, generally only my close associates or family members call me on this phone. so who is calling me now? The answer will be provided to me if I pick up the call.

"Hello"

"Hey beautiful, remember me?" Huh!! Who is this man?

"May I know who is speaking on the line?" I politely asked, so that if the person is of importance I don't offend him. Some clients can be a bit weird.

"You forgot about me so soon. I thought my voice is so sexy you would know who I am" Definitely weird but I wasn't irked yet so I decided to keep my conversation polite with him.

"Sorry I don't know who you are speaking"

"That is not fair. You forgot about your Mr. Mysterious" Oh My God. It was Jared. Shit I didn't recognized his sexy voice at once. I am so out of practice.

"Jared. Is it really you? What a pleasant surprise? Let me see, last time you spoke to me was a month back" I sarcastically told him. I was angry at him. How dare he call me after a month and converse so lightly like we are best of friends.

"I am sorry Elena. I know I should have called a little sooner but I couldn't find the courage to talk to you" wait what??? he was afraid of me. I started laughing at him.

"Why are laughing Elena?" instead of being angry at me he was amused.

"You are the richest and most fearsome man in America. And you were afraid of me? That is why I am laughing"

"You are right. But I must confess that something in you make me lose my courage" Well that was new. Usually I am blabbering mess in front of hot dudes like him.

"So why are you calling me now?" I was slightly intrigued by this phone call and wanted to know the reason for his approach.

"I wanted to ask you to go with me on lunch. Would you do the honors of going out with me?" Again What??? Am I dreaming or what? This incredibly sexy man is asking me out. On lunch might I add.

"As much as I want to, I have shit load of work to finish up. I am stocked up to brim with work and it is not finishing up anytime soon. So sorry but I have to decline for now" I was genuinely sorry. I really wanted to go out with him, but my stupid brain was now once again suspicious once again. Shit really I am giving my life because Chase hurt me. Indirectly I am giving Chase control of my life.

"Come on Elena. I am not that bad company. All work and no fun is bad"

"I can't come Jared. Maybe another time" he hanged up his phone. I guess he got offended. I seriously wanted to go but still was a little hesitant. I guess next time I will be ready to go with him.

I heard a commotion outside my office and I was just thinking about going out knowing about cause. Then suddenly the door to my office opened and behold Jared was standing on the door. Behind him Amy was standing looking irritated. What the hell??? What is Jared doing here??? I was confused a lot now. Just minutes before I was talking to him on the phone and now he is standing in front of me.

"Sorry Miss. Spencer. I tried stopping him but he entered forcefully" Amy was looking apologetically towards me.

Before I could say something Jared had crossed the length of the room and now was in front of my desk. He was looking sexy in his dark suit and white shirt with a blue tie. Just like sex on sticks. His hair was sleek and his eyes were full of mischief. He was grinning at me and was stalking towards me like I am his prey.

"Elena, will you please go out on lunch with me?"

"What if I say no?"

"I will drag you forcefully out of your fortress than. Everybody deserves a break now and then. Come on Elena go out with me" Jared was pouting sexily at me. OMG I have died and went to heaven. He is looking so sexy.

"Ok Jared, I will go out with you on lunch" I smiled at him. "Now go I have to finish this before I go out with you"

Jared remain standing at the spot and I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow "Elena it is lunch time" oh dumb me. I was so absorbed in work that I didn't have time to look at the clock. I looked at it and yes indeed it was lunch time.

"Ok let me grab my purse. Let's go" Jared got out of my office and I locked my computer and followed after him.

I am excited to go out with him. It has been a long time that I have gone out with a man for somethingto eat. Well I look forward to know a little about him. I don't know about relationship but I want to be friends with him at least. He seems a nice man and I will try to give him a chance and see where this goes. I just want to enjoy a little with him. What is the harm in that?

Hey lovelies....

I am happy that the story is slowly reaching the top...

So what do you think, will Elena give a chance to Jared??

Will Jared be the good guy or not??

If you have suggestion regarding the story please write it in your comments...

Next update unfortunately will be on Wednesday....

Till then love reading books that you like....

Love you all.....