Chapter 29

Alarm is beeping loudly on my side. I yawned and opened my eyes. It is 5:00 in the morning. I have to reach the airport by 6:00. Yawning and sleepily I go to the bathroom and do my business. It was Dylan's brilliant idea of going in the morning. We have meetings throughout the day so no rest is guaranteed. I am already tired thinking about it. Dylan's bodyguard /driver is going to pick me up by 6 o'clock. I should hurry up and get ready. My bags are packed and ready to go. I had a nice day yesterday. The memories of lunch make me smile till now and the perfect ending to the day was with Amber in my arms.

She has wrapped me in her little fingers. I spent extra time in the orphanage yesterday because I was flying out of town. It was paining me to leave her and go away from but I can't help it. I have work and responsibilities. I have thought of adopting her but it was not plausible at the moment. With my new responsibilities I am hardly able to juggle all that and a baby in that mix would be catastrophic. I don't want Amber to grow up in an environment where her mother will be working all the time. I am not ready for it yet.

Parker picked me up at 6 o'clock and Dylan would be directly arriving at the airport. He had gone to office for getting some things. I arrived at the airport and Parker took me to private jet. Yes people we have a jet. Actually it is company's jet and we are using to get to LA.

I am now settled in a chair in the jet. This luxury is very alien to me and hard to digest. The Steward is handsome looking and is taking good care of me. I am waiting for Dylan and he hasn't arrived yet. I am contemplating on calling him, I know I am waiting for like 5 minutes but I am not a patient person anymore. I reach out for my phone and Dylan enters the plane with Christie, his PA.

"Good morning Bro. Good morning Christie"

"Hello Miss. Preston. How are you?"

"I am fine Christie. Please call me Elena. Miss Preston sounds like I am old"

"Ok Elena"

"Good morning Sis. Kyle please bring me a shot of Vodka" he asked the Steward to bring him alcohol. What the heck?

"Dylan its 6:30 in the morning, why are you drinking?" I was seriously confused. He is not the drinking type.

"If I have to go through this flight than I need alcohol in my system" Ok. Now I get it. Dylan has flying issues.

"My Big Bro is afraid of flying. I get it" I reassured him with a pat on his arms.

The pilot announced that we are going to take off and told us to tie our seatbelts. Dylan sat beside me, Christe was sitting across us and Parker was in the back. I took Dylan's hand in mine and didn't let it go until we were in the air. The flight would take maximum 2-3 hours.

Kyle came and gave us our breakfast. Dylan and me were chatting and teasing each other. I haven't noticed the newspaper lying beside my tray. The newspaper was folded and I saw Jared face on the front page, I was intrigued by the news written about him.

I unfolded the paper to get a better view of the article and then I spat the juice on the paper. What the heck? Mine and Jared's photo was splattered on the front page with the headline THE PERFECT COUPLE. The picture was of us exiting the café yesterday. How did they get this picture? I didn't saw any reporters on the scene.

Dylan also saw the picture, but instead of getting angry he was smiling. "So you and Jared are dating?" I was baffled by his reaction.

"No, we are not dating. He took me out for lunch yesterday. That's it. And why are you not angry?"

"I am not angry because I know Jared. He is a nice man and by the looks of this picture he makes you smile. So technically I can't break his nose for that" I just shook my head at him and started reading the article. They described our lunch hangout as a date and also mentioned that we are secretly dating for some time. These media persons are big fat liars.

Oh God what a mess this is. I am angry at the media person for invading my privacy and publishing my pictures like this. I so badly wanted to do something about it but I know I can't do anything about. I don't want the added stress of suing the media on my already full platter.

But I have to call Jared and talk to him. He was also dragged in this mess because of me. The media has ruined my memories of yesterday.

"Hey Dylan should I call Jared and tell him sorry for this mess" I was feeling guilty about the rumors and because of my new found lineage the media is more interested in me than ever. I don't want Jared to think badly about me because of all this. We have become friends in such a short time and honestly speaking, I like that hot and sexy man's company.

"Don't worry about him. It's a common thing in his life. He is linked with 2-3 women in a week. So it is not such an issue with him"

"But still I want to apologize for all this"

"Oh please Ellie. Just talk to him. Don't be shy and make excuses for hearing his voice. Just pick up your phone and dial his number. Besides that he would be delighted to hear from you" Dylan teased me with a knowing smirk plastered across his face.

"Dylan I am not making excuses. He is a friend of mine. I can call him whenever I want and will apologize to him" I spoke confidently to him and picked up my phone to call Jared.

I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up the call. "Hello" he was sounding a little bit flustered and I was conjuring up different scenarios in my mind as to why he so flustered. I cringed a little bit when I saw the time. It was nearly 7am he might be sleeping and I disturbed him.

"Hey Jared I am so sorry for calling you in the morning and disturbing you in your sleep. I didn't check the time" I timidly explained to him.

"Elena it's alright I am up for some time and have been working out. You didn't disturbed me. So Elena what can I do for you?" so he is working out and that is why he is sounding like that. My mind was stuck of an image of him with a girl involving a bed. I was slightly disturbed by that scene.

"Please don't open the newspaper" I blurted out without thinking.

Hey Guys sorry for late update.

I was busy with some things and couldn't update on time. So here is the update.

I know shitty chapter.. sorry for that..

So the good news is that the story has got more than 6500 reads and ranked #8 in general fiction.

Next update will be on Wednesday...

Don't forget to vote, comment and share...

If you have suggestion regarding the story please let me know in the comments...

Enjoy reading books that you like...

Love you all ....