Chapter 19

The whole room was transferred into a fairytale. It was looking so beautiful, with blue and white lightings. The drapes were hanging from the ceiling with a big chandelier in the center. It was decorated in flowers of violet and white. Just one word came to my mind awesome.

"Dylan give the event planner a raise. The room looks beautiful"

"Special event for special person today. Has to make it grand. No other option. All this is for you Sis"

"You don't have to do it and it is indeed a nice surprise"

"Well that is not a surprise I was talking about. I want you to meet some people" he led me towards a group of people, who were chatting among themselves. I recognized two Grandma and Grandpa chatting with other two people. Grandma was looking a beauty in a green gown and Grandpa the devil was looking handsome as well.

As we approached them Grandma saw us and gave us a wave. The two people whose back was facing us turned. I was shocked beyond belief on seeing their faces. I hasten my steps to reach them. I can't believe my parents are here.

I hugged my mom fiercely "I can't believe you are here"

"We wouldn't miss our princesses most important day for anything" Dad said to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "And look at you. You are just looking like a real princess"

"I am so happy you are here" I moved to hug him as well. "You both look so beautiful. I can't believe I have a very handsome father" I smiled at both of them. This is just perfect.

"Well we thought of attending this function with a style. This was our once in a lifetime opportunity. We wouldn't be here if not for you" Mom said with a proud expression.

"Thank you so much for being here" I am so glad that they are here. They are my moral support in all this madness.

"Don't thank us. Thank Dylan. It was his idea to bring us here and surprise you. He had all planned out. I was not so pampered in my life"

I hugged Dylan with all my might. "Thank You so much Dylan. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much. I have no words to describe what you have done for me" Dylan hugged me back and said to me "Anything for you Sis"

"We know how much you love them and we are grateful for what they have done" Grandma came to me and smiled at me.

"They will be always part of you and we want to reassure you that we are not taking away from them" Grandpa spoke beside me.

"Thank you all for doing this for me today" they have no idea how much I am grateful to all of them. All my nervousness was gone up in smoke. They have given me a new kind of confidence. I now can face anything.

We all were relaxed and chatted a little bit. Dylan wanted me to meet some guests over here. But I refused citing the reason that we have not announced about my ownership so they will not be interested in knowing me. Dylan reluctantly left us to entertain the guest in attending. Grandpa Ned was also gone to mingle with them. I, mom and Grandma were happily chatting with each other.

I suddenly felt like somebody was watching me. I scanned the crowd and my eyes landed on the devilishly handsome person. It was Chase who watching me intently. I completely forgot about him in all this commotion. His expression was so confusing, he was looking towards me with pride and longing. I was again lost in his eyes. Every other person in the room vanished and it was just me and him. I quickly realized my mistake. I rearranged my expression and looked towards him.

I arrogantly smirked in his direction and turned my back on him. He is not that important now, the people standing in front of me are more important than him.

The MC came on the staged and announced "Good evening everybody. I hope you are enjoying this special night. This is an annual event organized by the Preston Group. The Charity will be donated to great causes. The dinner is served Ladies and Gentlemen. I would request you all to take your seat"

Everybody started to move and take their places. Our table was situated in the middle. Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt, Uncle, Mom, Dad, Dylan and me where on the same table. We took our places but grandpa and Dylan were still missing, I scanned the crowd for them. People have now taken their places and were waiting for the event to start. I sat on my seat and looked towards the stage. I saw grandpa and Dylan on stage. It seems like they would be speaking before the auction starts.

Grandpa took the center stage with a mike and said "Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen for gracing this charity Ball with your presence. I am very grateful to all of you to support me for these charities. Today we would be auctioning several items as well as holiday stays. All the money would be going to several charities but I our main Charity will be helping children from Cancer and we will also donate the proceedings to Sunshine Green Orphanage. Enjoy the evening all of you" He was looking towards me the whole time. It was like he was asking my forgiveness through all this.

I don't know what to feel towards him. I was completely loss for words when he announced that he would be donating to Sunshine Green Orphanage. It was my pet project. I started this orphanage 5 years ago. It was a small place and run by one of my friends Miranda. Soon many children were abandoned on our doorstop and we took everyone in. It is now hustling and bustling with kids all around. We also helped lost kids and abused kids. State has granted us official status and now I am a proud mother of 30 children.

I know the feeling of being alone after my parents. I was lucky I got such nice family and I wanted to give back what I have got. And Sunshine Green is my answer to those efforts. Whatever I earn 80% of it goes to them. They come first in my life.

I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't notice that Grandpa and Dylan had taken their seats on our table. Both of them sat beside me. There was a card in front me and I realized it was a list of items to be auctioned today.

The MC started the auction of the items on the list. Some people bid and some don't. Some items were sold at a very high price and I was astounded at the money the people were willing to spend. I just sat quietly and observed everything. In between waiters served us snacks and drinks.

This evening was progressing very nicely. I was happy that my Mom and Dad were enjoying all this. But still I was dreading the announcement to be made today. I just hope everything goes smoothly and I don't embarrass myself in front of everyone.

Hey guyss sorry for the delay...

I love you guys for being patient...

I promise I will update on Monday...

Enjoy reading till then

Don't forget to vote, comment and share...

If you have suggestion regarding the story please comment...

Love you all...