Chapter 2

I feeling a lot better and was ready to take on the world. Mainly I would be in any of the Hotels in the City. But today I was going to the main office. There is an important meeting today which is going to take place in the Head Quarters. So as I said I am the Head of Preston Hotels and Resorts, well it's not entirely true. Dylan is the CEO of the company I am just the head of Eastern Region. I am managing at least 28 Hotels and Resorts of Preston Group. In the beginning I was given only one hotel to manage and when I proved my worth they gradually started giving me control of more Hotels and now I am responsible for the whole Eastern Region. Dylan has helped a lot. He was the perfect teacher and Mentor.

I reached my cabin which is located on 12th floor of the building. My secretary Amy poked her head in my office and brought me my coffee and mails of the day. She was a rare found. She was excellent in her job.

"You are looking hot today. Every guy on the floor was staring at you". Amy said with a smile.

"I look hot everyday sweetheart. And I know every guy on this floor wants me and every girl wants to be me." I nonchalantly answered her.

She raised her eyebrow and stared at me like I have gone mad "But today you are not only looking hot but sexy too. As if you have deliberately dressed like that to tease somebody".

"I am not a tease. I decided to have a little change in fashion" I wear normal attire to work which are fashionable. I had a drastic makeover after the events five years ago. I didn't want anything to do with the shy and under confident girl Elena Spencer. I decided to not only change my closet but also my attitude and personality. I was now a strong and confident and badass girl. But in my line of work I have to look presentable so I have good clothes with me.

"Ya baby you are a tease. You look just look fabulous today but still there is something missing. Why did you wear that dress only?" I was scared now. Amy is catching up to me. She doesn't know about my history. I was getting worried about exaggerating with this dress. This was one of my many dresses that I haven't touched because I found a little inappropriate for my taste. So I decided to try a little bit.

Amy approached near me and started scrutinizing me like a fashion designer. She had a look on her face that told me I did something wrong and she is going to unravel my secret soon.

"Elena at least you should have done your hair and makeup properly" she was shaking her head in disappointment. Sometimes she behaves more like my best friend than my Assistant. In all these years she has become one. I always value her opinion.

"I didn't have time for doing that. I was getting a little late for work. So is everything is ready for today's meeting?" I sighed in relief and asked her about the most important meeting of the day.

"I have confirmed the meeting with Mr. Sterling's Assistant. He will be here for the meeting on 12:00pm. I have prepared the necessary documents and papers. So if everything is ready can I please do your makeup and hair?"

I contemplated her idea. But I was still a little hesitant for overdoing it. I trust Amy she can work magic with her fingers. What's the harm in looking a little bit beautiful? It will help me in my plan only.

"OK. Let's do it fast before Dylan comes into my office. I don't want him to catch us"

She squealed in happiness and started pushing me towards the bathroom to get me ready. She is a power house. Amy and I spend half an hour in the bathroom. She even got a straightner and a curling iron from god knows where. Amy had helped me with my make up too. It was perfect and I was stunned to see the woman in the mirror. It was hard to believe that with a little bit of effort I was looking sexy as hell.

I heard my phone vibrating and saw Dylan is calling me. I quickly answered the Phone

"Hello Ellie where are you? I am looking for you"

"Dylan I am in the Bathroom. Just hold your horses I will meet in your office in 2 min".

"OK. See you. I have to discuss something". With that he hanged up.

Amy was looking with appreciation. I knew she was proud of herself. She had done a petty good job. He will blow his mind off when he sees me in this avatar.

"Let's go Amy. Dylan is calling me. You prepare the Conference Room No. 6 for the meeting and inform the reception about the guests of today and notify me as soon as they enter the lobby"

"OK Boss. It will be done" she said with a mock salute.

I walked towards my brother office. His PA Christe greeted me with a nod and I entered his office. He was sitting behind his desk and working on laptop. He was so busy with his work that he didn't even look towards me when I entered his office. His office always intimidated me. It was colored in Black and Grey. The furniture also lacked a little bit of color. On the right side there was a bookshelf and on left side there was a recliner and a lamp.

I reached his desk and sat on the chair. "So Dylan you called me".

Dylan shut down his laptop and looked at me "Are you ready for today's meeting?"

I rolled my eyes and said "Yes I am ready Dylan. You know that and I am not afraid to let my past demons hunt me. I want to move on and for that I need this revenge".

"OK I know Sis you are strong. So are you sure you want to give your most ambitious project to him".

"Yes I am sure. His company needs this project. I have heard that there company is not doing so well. So he will do anything to get this project and we are making the best hotel in Clearwater. I have worked there and I know they provide world class service and quality. I may want revenge on him but I am not that cruel to jeopardize our company's reputation. I am at war with him, not with his company"

"I am proud of you Sis. You are a Gem you know that". He says with admiration in his eyes.

"I know Bro. It is all because of you". He stood up, came up to me and hugged me.

"I always am there with you in every step of life. If you ever need me just don't hesitate to call me".

"I know Bro. Thanks for being there when I needed it the most. I love you". With a smile on my face I exited his office. I am happy that he supports my decisions and is very helpful.

I am so ignorant. I haven't told you the person's name on whom I am planning my revenge. His name is Chase Sterling, owner and CEO of Sterling Constructions. He was the person who toyed with my feeling and when his ego was satisfied tossed me out without a backward glance. Today we are meeting again after 5 years. This time tables have turned. Back in time I needed his support and today he needs my company's contract support to keep him out of bankruptcy.

It would be fun to watch to make him beg before me. He is going to get a taste of his own medicine soon. I am waiting patiently for you Mr. Chase Sterling. The game would be entertaining.