Chapter 59: "Wanted Dead Or Alive"

James P.O.V.

''So, you want to make her a birthday party and you need to pretend you are sick.'' Michael repeated, walking up and down in front of the sofa in which Jamie and I were sitting.

''That's the main plan.'' I said nodding my head. ''She doesn't know I've found out.''

''I've figured it out, okay.'' He chuckled, crossing his arms. ''And when is her birthday, by the way?''

''Five days from now.''

''You must be kidding.''

''And do you think you will get in time to buy her or prepare her a birthday present?'' Hugh asked this time while Michael nodded and Jamie played with Hugh's hands.

''Oh well, I'm not.'' I shrugged. ''The thing is, we make her a party and then, I take her out to have a romantic dinner.''

''Romantic dinner.'' Hugh laughed this time. ''And when are you going to take her? And where, of course.''

''Actually, Hugh, the question is what are you going to do with Jamie.'' Michael said.

''I can stay with you.'' Jamie answered, making me point at him with my hands as if he were right.

''You've heard the kid, so.''

''Well, let's get some ice cream while we think about it.''

''You agree?'' I asked Jamie, who joined them laughing.

''Aye.'' He replied looking at me. ''When is coming home mama?''

''In five days.'' I replied kissing his head.

''McAvoy, you should explain things first.'' Michael said, grabbing his keys. ''I mean... Lucky us because the kiddo has mentioned that his mother is out of here.''

''This is a chaos.'' I growled, standing up.

''Indeed, mainly because she's quite smart.'' Hugh said. ''And James, Fassy-Fassy is right.''

''Thank you, my love.'' Michael joked.

-

''Okay, no problem. Just get better and call me when you or I can go, right? '' I heard Victoria say with a bunch of travel stuff. ''Sure, I have to leave you now because I haven't eaten anything since lunch, I'm starving and I have to pick my son up to have something to eat and also see my husband, sorry.''

''Kiddo, we have to be really, really quiet, okay?'' I whispered lightning two candles.

''James? Jamie? Anyone?'' She asked. Her voice was closer to us. ''Guys, if this is a joke, it's not funny, I know you are here and... What the fuck is going on.''

''Happy birthday!'' Both of us exclaimed, watching her cocking her eyebrows. Then, she let go a sigh and shook her head.

''This is... Aw man.'' She chuckled with her hands on her cheeks. ''Thank you.''

''Make a wish, come on.'' I said. Later, she blew out the candles.

''There's no need.''

''We knew you didn't want to celebrate your birthday, but... Sorry not sorry.'' I explained.

''This is for you, mama.'' Jamie said, handing her a box with a big grin.

''You didn't have to...'' She said kinda sadly kissing his head after taking the gift out of the box. It was a simple silver necklace. ''Thank you so much, honey, I really really like it.''

''Do you like it?'' He asked.

''Of course I do!'' She laughed softly, picking him up in her arms and then, she gave me a peck. ''And the pie looks amazing.''